Second Skin Audio

Less Than 2 Hours Till The Beast Lives...

Hello guys..I tried searching but my search button doesn't work so I am just gonna ask..I have all my dimensions for my box..It will be made tommorow...Or at least the panels cut out to be made...So i need to know what do I need to buy to 45 my corners in my box and fiberglass over them...I know I will need Fiberglass Resin. Should I get the Fiberglass Mat or sheets that have the strands....??? I have been looking at some of the guys box designs..I am just worried that my sub sitting on top of my box instead of by the port will be to much weight on that panel...I can't double baffle the top of the box cause I don't have the room...I wonder would Fiberglassing and some sort of bracing be enough to support that ole BL.?? I wish my search button would work cause i seem like I am asking dumb questions but I want to do this right the first time...If you guys have some links or your search buttons work...Tell me a little something...Thank you guys for your support...Hope I can get a video of it up when i am done with everything...

Edited by zaxfire69

on the corners you will need to use glass mat, but on the flat surfaces you can just add layers of resin for support...As far as your bracing. Im not sure if you have a 10" or an 18", buy if you cant double-baffle, than I would use some sort of bracing plus the fiberglass

2001 Blazer

Pioneer 5900IB - (2) DC Level 3 10"s - Sundown 1500D

dc_sig.gif

The Resin By itself will work for the Flat parts..Ok...Mat For the corners the clean looking mat not the rough strand mat right..Yea this will take awhile..If you guys have some pics post them up so I can get an idea...I have no doubt I can do it just my first time doing it....

Edited by zaxfire69

I don't like fiberglass cloth at all compared to the mat. Haven't used woven roving. But yes use mat on the flat surfaces. Not just resin. A resin pool 45 will add some strength in itself, even moreso with mat over it, but you definately want to use mat too on the flats.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

i find it time/money wasting to mat the 45s. has it been proven to outperform resin alone? i did not hear the difference nor has it ever become problematic when i 45 the corners with resin alone. a proper mixture of the resin and hardener alone is more than enough. of course adding the mat wouldnt hurt it.

this is imo.

xplod.jpg

refs: chode69, superduper