Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box for 2 HDC315's


-Hobby-

Recommended Posts

Posted

Finally decided that Im just skipping the T-Line setup and jumping in with some 15's. Decided these were the best bang for the buck and will take the 3000 watts Im starting out with and probably a lot more when I get funds for more wattage.

Just want to see if anyone thats running these has any recommendations on enclosure size and port size/tuning. I took the back seat out of my Silverado and plan on doing a big box, subs up and port forward on the bottom of the box. Something similar to what Rusty did with his DC demo truck Here .

I dont have the funds for the subs or the amp yet but I want to get started building it asap. Because of the way his box is setup it also became the amp rack. I really like that part. I want to get my comps powered up and Im putting the amps for the comps and the subs behind the beauty panel.

So please help me out. How big and what to tune to?

Posted
Finally decided that Im just skipping the T-Line setup and jumping in with some 15's. Decided these were the best bang for the buck and will take the 3000 watts Im starting out with and probably a lot more when I get funds for more wattage.

Just want to see if anyone thats running these has any recommendations on enclosure size and port size/tuning. I took the back seat out of my Silverado and plan on doing a big box, subs up and port forward on the bottom of the box. Something similar to what Rusty did with his DC demo truck Here .

I dont have the funds for the subs or the amp yet but I want to get started building it asap. Because of the way his box is setup it also became the amp rack. I really like that part. I want to get my comps powered up and Im putting the amps for the comps and the subs behind the beauty panel.

So please help me out. How big and what to tune to?

The HDC3 series like 4-5 cubes net per sub tuned at 38 hz. Rusty's box design with the subs up and port on the bottom works well but subs up port on the bottom firing to the side wall of the truck also works very good. The side panel of the truck acts as a loading wall. Usually with the port 5-7" from the side panel.

Posted

I love my HDC3 15. It kills the lows and is very loud. According to the owner of AQ 3.75 - 4.5 cubic ft. tuned from 35 - 40 hz. Good luck. Any idea on amps yet?

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Posted

Im on a budget so I cant get crazy. Been looking at a used Crunch Groundpounder also been considering the Audiopipe 30001d. That thing is low priced for the power. Was also thinking about getting one AQ2200D for now and then adding a second when funds permit. Im leaning more twords the AQ not to much more than the AP but less wattage.

I was doing some figuring last night and read more on their site. And your all right on. It will me 9 cubes total and I think im gonna stick with the port on the bottom. It looks good and gives me plenty of room for the amps.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5316 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...