couple of things

what alpine deck do you have? most alpine decks have adjustability on hpf, and crossover points. adjusting these makes a HUGE difference in sound

running them off of your headunit will not give them justice at all. with any components that need over 50 watts

and give them a good week to get broken in. if you think it makes a huge difference in breaking a sub in, imagine how much it will effect a lil 1" tweeter.

do the crossovers have adjustments for tweeters?

Alright the 6x9's and 6.5 comps are installed and the verdict is in.

I like!! They get very loud and sound clear. Its not however the very best quality ie: focal and so on... but i feel that they were well worth what i paid for them. Amp is a alpine f550 running 90 a channel. For those of you who arent pleased i would recheck and retune the headunit or amp because they really arent that bad.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

dont expect anything spectacular out of the t3 comps. i was not impressed with kaseys at all. i have heard better from sony coax's to me they sound very nasty. from what i heard from another person with the same ones is pretty much the same as im saying. :sad:

Thanks for telling it like it is. Its pretty disappointing though.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Alright the 6x9's and 6.5 comps are installed and the verdict is in.

I like!! They get very loud and sound clear. Its not however the very best quality ie: focal and so on... but i feel that they were well worth what i paid for them. Amp is a alpine f550 running 90 a channel. For those of you who arent pleased i would recheck and retune the headunit or amp because they really arent that bad.

have you heard focals before?

what other comparisons are you basing this off of?

how many comp sets have you owned?

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

• 1 month later...

well got these on power so now I can review them...

lets start with the tweeters

they are very harsh I had the treble on my deck at -2 out of +7

they also hiss even with 16 gauge run to them and run through an EQ

I have blown 3 so far and all 3 were not sent clipped power

they did NOT like the power

the wire coming off of them is like 3 tiny little strands so trying to strip them is very difficult.

the mids are decent they will take the power and they sound very nice, kind of a warm sound. but it seems to me they were kind of just thrown together, it looks to me like they took there coax line, took the tweeter out and put the chrome billet in its place and called it a 6.5 for a comp set. In fact the tweeter wire still exists underneath the sticker that is just slapped on the magnet.. yes just slapped on a week after putting them in my doors I went back in and see the sticker laying on the bottom of my door.

the terminals are very flimsy.. poor design, you have to be very careful with them because I felt like I was going to break off the tab or possibly even the whole terminal from the leads when I was putting on the wire that came with them.

the crossovers look very nice I like the design but I have no clue how to work the selectable tweeter 0-3db

the package comes with some wire but its very small and there are no directions at all (not like hooking up speakers is hard) but a lot of companies have things specific to their line that you would never know about unless you had a set of instructions.

for the small amount of time that I had the tweeters and mids working together off the crossovers they got very loud but lacked a little in SQ

I was putting around 100 watts on them and taking it easy on the volume

but overall I was very disappointed with the speakers coming from a name like T3 I honestly expected more even if they are entry level speakers.

I already have them sold because I honestly do not want to deal with the speakers any longer.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Archived