Sonic Electronix

It's a used cap, and i don't know what a charging card is. I'm guessing like a manual for it

no, you need a resistor to "fill" up the capacitor correctly.

and yes. you'll want to do postive wire to capacitor, then from capcitor to the amp. the do same with the grounds, but make sure to use the (-) terminal on top.

edit

when i used a capacitor, i never used a resistor. you will create a huge spark of energy the first time you connect the battery to the capacitor. i wouldnt reccomend doing it tho

Edited by J00bles

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

well you put the positve wire coming from the battery in front on the postive side of the capicator and then you run another wire from the capicator to the amplifier.then you run the ground wire into the capicator and then run a seperate wire from the ground of the capcator to the amp.and then it should power on the cap with your amp

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

and yes. you'll want to do postive wire to capacitor, then from capcitor to the amp. the do same with the grounds, but make sure to use the (-) terminal on top.

So does this mean i need somthing else before i can install this cap?

Honda Accord 4 Door

Current System -

(2) 12'' Mtx Thunder 5500's

(1) Alpine Mrp-m1000 @4Ω

(1) Pioneer Deck Deh-3500

(1) American Legacy 1.0 Farad Capacitor

(1) Stinger Voltage Meter (Blue)

Big 3 Knu 1/0

Box 3.4^3@37hz

demo402.gif

edit

when i used a capacitor, i never used a resistor. you will create a huge spark of energy the first time you connect the battery to the capacitor. i wouldnt reccomend doing it tho

well you put the positve wire coming from the battery in front on the postive side of the capicator and then you run another wire from the capicator to the amplifier.then you run the ground wire into the capicator and then run a seperate wire from the ground of the capcator to the amp.and then it should power on the cap with your amp

So this will work and i should Expect a big spark?

Honda Accord 4 Door

Current System -

(1) Alpine Mrp-m1000 @4Ω

Big 3 Knu 1/0

Box 3.4^3@37hz

demo402.gif

So this will work and i should Expect a big spark?

yes. it melted metal. it (more or less) pulls a ton of amps in a split second, which will cause the metal tops of the capacitor and the wire to "spark"

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

no you shouldnet expect a big spark unless you have a small fuse upfront

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Well anyone that has given me advice on this i Thank you ALOT and J00bles glad to see someone else from Omaha on SMD.

Honda Accord 4 Door

Current System -

(1) Alpine Mrp-m1000 @4Ω

Big 3 Knu 1/0

Box 3.4^3@37hz

demo402.gif

no you shouldn't expect a big spark unless you have a small fuse upfront

I have a Stinger 4gauge wiring kit, not sure what amp my fuse is. Will connecting the cap blow my fuse?

Edited by Demo402

Honda Accord 4 Door

Current System -

(1) Alpine Mrp-m1000 @4Ω

Big 3 Knu 1/0

Box 3.4^3@37hz

demo402.gif

I have a Stinger 4gauge wiring kit, not sure what amp my fuse is

you probably wont have a big issue with that wire.

i was using an 8awg amplifier kit when i had mine installed, which will have a different effect.

and i hear ya man, not to many of us Nebraska guys on here. there are a few big systems around though

edit**

nope, it shouldnt. i used 40 amp fuses and they never blew from it. you have probably a 50-60 at a minimum with that 4awg kit

Edited by J00bles