Hey guys. I got an Alpine Type R 2ohm dvc and a 2 channel Kenwood KAC-X20 amp. I've been trying to figure out how to wire the type r so i get a 2 ohm load to my amp. Currently i just have each voice coil wired to each channel on the amp. Please help!!!!! Or is this the right way to wire it? Also i have my gain about 3/4 max and i smell the subwoofer when i bang. The woofer is 500 rms 1500 max. My amp is 260 x 2 @ 2 ohm rms. Do i smell it only because it is brand new or do i need to turn down the gain? Will a Bass Knob cancel out the gain control on the amp if installed? PLEASE HELP!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!

2000 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Kenwood Excelon X-692 Head Unit

Kenwood Excelon KAC-X20 Amp Wire to Alpine Type R 12" 2ohm

Infinity Kappa 6.5" and 3" pushed by rockfored 400.i? or something? I'll look later. Its 2 amps in 1

HELLLLPPPPPPPP

I help u calling people here bro.

What do u think? I post hellllppp and they will come?

Good luck

Why be a prick? I need help. What do u want me to say? Go get a life dude, or a woman. "I Help u calling people here bro" u cant even speak properly. If you didnt want to help me you could've kept your mouth shut. Your not important by any means to me so me knowing what you think doesnt matter. This site is so people can help others out. Leave me alone.

2000 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Kenwood Excelon X-692 Head Unit

Kenwood Excelon KAC-X20 Amp Wire to Alpine Type R 12" 2ohm

Infinity Kappa 6.5" and 3" pushed by rockfored 400.i? or something? I'll look later. Its 2 amps in 1

To the OP, what HERRIE I think was trying to tell you was that maybe you should change your "TOPIC" to say something more like "Question on wiring amp" as that might appeal to more people to help you out................. not HELP!!! See what im saying?HERRIE is a good guy here, and is always very helpful, Saying what you said in your post, was out of line bro...... Take it easy here, we all just a bunch of laid back folks here! And BTW, Welcome!

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

calm down dude herrie is just messin and he's dutch :lol:

you cannot wire a DVC 2 ohm sub to 2 ohms.

its probably getting smelly because you are running it at 1 ohm right now.

if you use a bass knob just recalibrate your gains with the bass knob all the way up and your head unit at 3/4 so you know you aren't clipping unless you have an o-scope

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Hey guys. I got an Alpine Type R 2ohm dvc and a 2 channel Kenwood KAC-X20 amp. I've been trying to figure out how to wire the type r so i get a 2 ohm load to my amp. Currently i just have each voice coil wired to each channel on the amp. Please help!!!!! Or is this the right way to wire it? Also i have my gain about 3/4 max and i smell the subwoofer when i bang. The woofer is 500 rms 1500 max. My amp is 260 x 2 @ 2 ohm rms. Do i smell it only because it is brand new or do i need to turn down the gain? Will a Bass Knob cancel out the gain control on the amp if installed? PLEASE HELP!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!

the burning smell might be because you are possibly clipping the subs..

Edited by shainemcconnell

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

To the OP, what HERRIE I think was trying to tell you was that maybe you should change your "TOPIC" to say something more like "Question on wiring amp" as that might appeal to more people to help you out................. not HELP!!! See what im saying?

Ding ding ding :D

calm down dude herrie is just messin and he's dutch :lol:

you cannot wire a DVC 2 ohm sub to 2 ohms.

its probably getting smelly because you are running it at 1 ohm right now.

if you use a bass knob just recalibrate your gains with the bass knob all the way up and your head unit at 3/4 so you know you aren't clipping unless you have an o-scope

Thanks Kasey :)

Why be a prick? I need help. What do u want me to say? Go get a life dude, or a woman. "I Help u calling people here bro" u cant even speak properly. If you didnt want to help me you could've kept your mouth shut. Your not important by any means to me so me knowing what you think doesnt matter. This site is so people can help others out. Leave me alone.

Why would i leave u alone? U want input on your question lol

With that attitude u wont come far here.

And i cant speak properly... atleast i'm trying :)