Honda Civic Hub/rotor Work (please Help Me)

Also when you take the 2 Phillips head screws off sometimes the rotor dosen't want to come loose from the hub...There are two holes there..(not the ones that your Phillips Head screws came out of) The other 2...thread a bolt that will fit the threads and alternate tighting each one until the rotor free's...Alternate tighting I mean tighten one a little bit, then tighten the other a little bit...then on and on untill the rotor frees.. Wd 40, lube...Helps///try not to get on the rotor though...Wd 40 and brake pads don't mix...

You need an impact driver...don't strip the screws...Hold on I will show you a picture of an impact driver....

800pximpactdriverwithbimm7.th.png

You can get an impact driver for cheap at like any auto parts store...Also you can rent one at like autozone.

Edited by zaxfire69

Also when you take the 2 Phillips head screws off sometimes the rotor dosen't want to come loose from the hub...There are two holes there..(not the ones that your Phillips Head screws came out of) The other 2...thread a bolt that will fit the threads and alternate tighting each one until the rotor free's...Alternate tighting I mean tighten one a little bit, then tighten the other a little bit...then on and on untill the rotor frees.. Wd 40, lube...Helps///try not to get on the rotor though...Wd 40 and brake pads don't mix...

thats why brake clean was invented ;)

Edited by ChevyBoy
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Thats funny about the brake cleaner... :unsure: Yea..You do need an impact driver though...Just be careful not to strip them. Well the 2 screws hold your rotor on..I said that to but those 2 screws are a pain to get out..Unless you have the impact...Just work at it and let me know how everything is going...It has been at least 2 years since I have had my hubs off so I am a little rusty...