Honda Civic Hub/rotor Work (please Help Me)

I have a 1998 Honda Civic LX. I broke a lug stud off the other day. I bought a new one, but cant for the life of me get the hub off. I know to remove the brake caliper/pads, then pop the bolt off, then the rotor should slide right off. i cant get a crescent wrench, or channel locks on it, so i am going to buy a 1\" 1/4 socket. so i can get a cheater pipe on that bitch. Then there are 2 screws, do those need to come out as well? I tried a Google search, but all i could find was on a prelude, and it said to drop the axle, and ball joints, and all that shit. Before i get much further, i need to know if my civic is the same way, and if so, I\'m taking it to the dealership. Here are some pics...

BTW, i am also going to rust kill, and paint black all the rusted shit on the front two, and repaint the drums in the back. Before my new wheels get in.

That is a flat head tip stuck in the indention on the hub bolt.

Hub001.jpg

Hub003.jpg

Hub002.jpg

Edited by bibby

hell no dude remove your calipers and the rotor should pull off then you can puch the broken stud out of it

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Ya dude u need an impact driver. Thats what i used wen my rear swing arm bolt broke right inthe rubber bushing. It took 6 hours but that bitch finnaly poped.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

Ok you take the 2 screws out with an impact driver...One you hit with the hammer...Has a phillips head on the end of the impact driver...when you do that you can take your rotor off...The hub will still be there...There is a thin metal plate that is behind the hub and rotor assembly...It will need to come off..Now This is a pain to do...I haven't done it before...you might be able to use a center punch and punch out that old stud...Possible if you hold your mouth right. Now as far as getting the new one in you might have to remove your hub and get some one at a machine shop to press the other stud in there...You will have to try that out...Like I said...I have never taken a stud out or put one in so...I may even have one on my car that is broken...I think it is on the back wheel though...Anyway...good luck holla if I can help out..