2005 Blazer. Need some help with headunit install.

I have a 2005 Blazer. I have a Pioneer DEH-4900IB.

I'm not sure what I need to install the 4900IB. Its a single din headunit.

I know I'm going to need some sort of dash kit, harness, but I'm not sure if I need some sort of module or anything else..

The sunfire I had, the audio place sold me a $150 dollar door chime module. I don't want to spend that kinda money.

I don't have steering wheel controls or anything else, its a pretty base model blazer.

I can't get Metra's website to work, my internet has been acting up lately.

www.crutchfield.com, that should tell you what you need for it...

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

When I turn the key to ACC there is no power on the headunit, so I took my headunit out. I had checked my fuses, there all fine.

Well I had my headunit unplugged. I opened the door, it dings, just like it did with the stock unit plugged in.

Plugged in the PAC module, and it still dings, just like factory... Now my experience with the last PAC module I used, the chimes sounded different. And there was no noticeable sound coming from the module.

I cut my harness and put a test light on the ACC wire, there's no power when the key is on ACC.

So, looks like $193.20 wasted.

i think you should have just went to crutchfield an looked up ur dash kit an harness would have saved u alot of money

kia spectra 4 door

HU-a kenwood kdc-692x

optima red top under the hood ( kinetik battery or powermaster in the back )

Iraggi 260amp H/O alternator

1 set of knu kandy 1/0 guage wiring kit ( 2 more sets coming )

front speakers -

back speakers -

2 12" lv 4's with lvl 5 softparts ( going to be 4 in near future)

Sundown 3500d( going to be 2 sometime )

i have boughten from - Bass14(smd), ddbump(caraudioclassifieds)

everything is 20/20 in hindsite!

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

i think you should have just went to crutchfield an looked up ur dash kit an harness would have saved u alot of money

Well I went to Crutchfield and added a headunit to my cart, and it added the stuff I needed, the harness and antenna adapter.

I read the comments, and a guy said the plug they included would not fit his '02 Blazer.

Archived