Box Design for 2 18" BTL's in a Avalanche....last page

cnate777

If you do that he's going to be slinging the soft parts out on the ground..that calculator is terrible.

Not to mention his port would probably be close to 8 feet long with 283 square inches of port...to tune it anywhere decent.

Follow our guidelines, do what we say to do. It's all spelled out on the website and our forum very clearly.

^^^this

justin smith

1996 mercury grand marquis

20'' bentchi b7 lexani n3000 245/35/20

cactus 5kw at 1ohm dcr(beast)

2 18'' btl's in a 14.15^ft wall tuned to 35hz with 210'' of port

kicker zx650.4

componets in still the works

200amp motorcraft alt

xs power d3100 (beast)

kenwood ddx512 h.u.

you mean my EX? the one I dumped? just remember every time you kiss her that i used to cum in her mouth

and BTW your girl just called me....

pure pwnage

If you do that he's going to be slinging the soft parts out on the ground..that calculator is terrible.

Not to mention his port would probably be close to 8 feet long with 283 square inches of port...to tune it anywhere decent.

Follow our guidelines, do what we say to do. It's all spelled out on the website and our forum very clearly.

and i was quoting your post on said web site's forum before I put in the edit, leaving the original post in tact. I'm sorry i was so wrong by first saying exactly what you said, then while leaving it for everyone to see, missinterpreting it later.

And 283^2" of port would give him a 4'2" long port for 33 hz in 10 cubes.. not close to 8.

Edit: checked in with bass box pro 6 for another opinion and it recommends 278^2 of port for the 2 subs @ 10 cubes tuned to 33 hz with 55 being the port length.

not to be an asshole but, alot of companies have recommended box sizes and most are wrong or not the best it could be. That's probably why most people look for people who have ran the sub or have used them before and have tested them in many different boxes

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

edit - Wow. I thought I read above that port was a lot larger than 10 x 10. Forget that previous idea. . .

not enough port area for (2) BTL 18's on 4000+ watts.

Brian

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

I sent you a reply to your PM. Send me the full set of dimensions for that box. I think you can add pieces to reduce the port area, which will decrease the tuning frequency and still leave you plenty of port.

I don't think you will have to build a new box. . .just mod that one a little. ;)

he needs more port not less he only has 100"

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

That box is only 11.5 ft^3 tuned to 32-33 Hz.

It also looks too close to the back of the vehicle to allow the port to move air correctly. That along with the small port may be making this box act like a leaky sealed box, which is bad for excursion. . .

I'll see what I can do in that space tomorrow.

Brian

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Archived