Box Design for 2 18" BTL's in a Avalanche....last page

cnate777

Ok, I have been having this problem for a while and I am not sure if it the setting on the the amps and 360.2 or if it is the box or the subs........The amps are set at as follows.....subsonic off, gain at 1/4, and the freq at 28hz both t2000's are set this way........the 360.2 is set with the gain higher freqs all the way down and the lower freqs at 0...........the box is 13.08 cubes tuned to 32.46 hz.......port is 10x10x14.......box is 18x45x33......braced, fiberglassed 45's, etc.......I only have 2000 watts to each sub and it is like they cant handle it........build log is here on the forum page 5 under 08 Trailblazer SS check it out and let me know what you think.........thanks

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

Ok, I have been having this problem for a while and I am not sure if it the setting on the the amps and 360.2 or if it is the box or the subs........The amps are set at as follows.....subsonic off, gain at 1/4, and the freq at 28hz both t2000's are set this way........the 360.2 is set with the gain higher freqs all the way down and the lower freqs at 0...........the box is 13.08 cubes tuned to 32.46 hz.......port is 10x10x14.......box is 18x45x33......braced, fiberglassed 45's, etc.......I only have 2000 watts to each sub and it is like they cant handle it........build log is here on the forum page 5 under 08 Trailblazer SS check it out and let me know what you think.........thanks

..turn your subsonic on?

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

..turn your subsonic on?

winner

if ur subs bottoming out then its excursion is too much. subsonic on set to bout 10hz below tuning

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

turned the subsonic on but it doesnt seem to have as much pressure......gain still at a 1/4 and the freq only goes down to 32 so I have it set at 45 on the amp and I can adjust on the knob........what do you think..........didnt bottom out but I couldnt really turn it up that loud.........I will here in a little bit........

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

I told you befor, have a professional set your gains and everything man, go pay a shop 20 bucks to sit there and gain set everything, a reputable shop, or find some one on here whos super knowledgeable and ask to meet up with them, in your area

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

turned the subsonic on but it doesnt seem to have as much pressure......gain still at a 1/4 and the freq only goes down to 32 so I have it set at 45 on the amp and I can adjust on the knob........what do you think..........didnt bottom out but I couldnt really turn it up that loud.........I will here in a little bit........

Wait... You put your subsonic at 45Hz?

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Army guy you have resonded twice to something that you have NO knowledge of.....so while appreciate you resonding I think that this thread is a little out of your league......Thanks

If you are familiar with the T2000bd if has a infrasonic switch either on or off, there is a gain, there is a freq knob adjustable from 32 hz to ?, and a master, slave, and single switch.....

The infrasonic is on, gain at 1/4, freq is at 45, and single is switched.......took the truck out and it is still bottoming out........the BTL's cant handle it.......as far as taking a pic.....the way the amps are mounted you wont be able to see anything.......

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

really? um im the one who told you to turn on your subsonic in the first place... but yet, you know im not the one blowing BTLs on 2k rms

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Army guy you have resonded twice to something that you have NO knowledge of.....so while appreciate you resonding I think that this thread is a little out of your league......Thanks

If you are familiar with the T2000bd if has a infrasonic switch either on or off, there is a gain, there is a freq knob adjustable from 32 hz to ?, and a master, slave, and single switch.....

The infrasonic is on, gain at 1/4, freq is at 45, and single is switched.......took the truck out and it is still bottoming out........the BTL's cant handle it.......as far as taking a pic.....the way the amps are mounted you wont be able to see anything.......

That is happening because you are playing music that is below the tuning of your enclosure or you do not know where the box is tuned at. When you do this your subs are playing free air..and the amplifier is not cutting power. There is enough coil in the gap on the BTL's to yank the soft parts into ragged pieces. This is why it is VERY important to have a proper subsonic filter.

The subsonic is not adjustable on the rockford amplifiers, they are set at 27Hz @ 12dB per octave...which if you have your enclosure tuned any higher than 30Hz is pretty much useless.

You need to either retune your box, get another amplifier, or add a processing unit that has adjustable subsonic filter controls.

Remember..speakers are dumb. They do not break on their own...they simple do exactly what you tell them to do.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Archived