exceed bandwidth issue again?

newls1

Guest DC Power Kyle

It's a file hosting site. I was the server admin and it was pretty intense. I was getting 8 thousand MySQL queries a second, 300+ people a second downloading files and getting 60-80GB of files uploaded a day. We were making damn good money until they fired me because i was part owner of it and they refused to pay me my commission on advertising revenue so I did the bare end of the contract that was required of me... that was making sure the site was up and stuff.... I refused to program and such. We were doing pretty damn good. That's what I'm good at is server administration and programming... hence the new site I just made www.mypsychoex.net (I made the whole site from the ground up)

I'm not a great designer, but I can program and server admin pretty damn well.

If my partner and I were still with them, it would probably be at 1,000 alexa rating and the site would be worth a million or more on the market.... what a drag. :\

When I was there, it was at 12k alexa, we were getting 1,500 new signups a day and over a thousand new files uploaded daily as well. We also had over 700k members signed up and over 5-6 million files uploaded over time.. it was pretty crazy.

I managed to run that whole site on two servers... one for the php stuff and one for the database stuff.

Steve: go look at the max alexa history and see how high the daily reach was... it was damn near intense as shit.

bummer because the shit that I know today would just rock the world in the file hosting industry. All the ideas I had in our future plans were implemented by other companies months after i quit.... such potential gone to waste. *sigh*

Not deleting anything.

what good is a forum if you cant go back and search through old threads to find good info.

its uh not an issue so let it rest already.

you make a very good point... just sometimes its hard to find the good info when you are digging through useless info... having said that... info thats useless to me can be usefull to someone else.... anyways i thought id just throw the idea out there... didnt mean any disrespect...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

the background of the forum itself is sucking up alot of bandwith... but no images wont suck anything up at all... they arnt hosted by smd.. Also ipb is a resource hog... thats why HUGE forums go to vb... the forum itself is what is sucking the b/w so vB would reduce that considerably... just an idea... but anyway bandwith is expensive no a days...

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

Guest DC Power Kyle

IPB may be more of a resource hog in a CPU I/O intensive way but the bandwidth will only be a little bit more or less compared to other forums... bandwidth is just data in and out. Memcached on IPB would make this forum twice as fast no joke.

the background of the forum itself is sucking up alot of bandwith... but no images wont suck anything up at all... they arnt hosted by smd.. Also ipb is a resource hog... thats why HUGE forums go to vb... the forum itself is what is sucking the b/w so vB would reduce that considerably... just an idea... but anyway bandwith is expensive no a days...

your so wrong its not even funny.

the forum doesnt eat half the bandwidth the main page does, uhh stick to washing cars at the car lot, and ill stick to running smd.

Guest DC Power Kyle

your so wrong its not even funny.

the forum doesnt eat half the bandwidth the main page does, uhh stick to washing cars at the car lot, and ill stick to running smd.

:o

What the... Is the site near to exceeding bandwith again? It took nearly 10 minutes just for me to load the forum home page (It normally takes less than 20 seconds).

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Archived