Sonic Electronix

Ok, so i got my system installed saturday morning.

This is my amp http://www.orioncaraudio.com/Products/Prod...x?ProductID=506

My car was in the sun for about 4 hours and when i got in it was pretty damn hot. I start up my car and turn the music up for about 5 minutes. Then i hear a couple popping sounds coming for the back. Then my bass turned off. I didnt know what was happening so i turned my music down for a sec then turned it back up and the bass was working again. Then it turned off again. Thats when i though i started to smell a faint burning smell. I pull over to a gas station and look in the back and my amp is spitting smoke like a *****. 2/3 of the Lights on the amp were blinking green/red. At that point i was pretty pissed off. I mean i JUSt got my setup 1 day before this happened. Good thing i had a warranty

Did me parking in the sun have anything to do with what happened? I mean my amp is attached to the back of my back seat and is in the shade no matter where the sun is.

Ok, so i got my system installed saturday morning.

This is my amp http://www.orioncaraudio.com/Products/Prod...x?ProductID=506

My car was in the sun for about 4 hours and when i got in it was pretty damn hot. I start up my car and turn the music up for about 5 minutes. Then i hear a couple popping sounds coming for the back. Then my bass turned off. I didnt know what was happening so i turned my music down for a sec then turned it back up and the bass was working again. Then it turned off again. Thats when i though i started to smell a faint burning smell. I pull over to a gas station and look in the back and my amp is spitting smoke like a *****. 2/3 of the Lights on the amp were blinking green/red. At that point i was pretty pissed off. I mean i JUSt got my setup 1 day before this happened. Good thing i had a warranty

Did me parking in the sun have anything to do with what happened? I mean my amp is attached to the back of my back seat and is in the shade no matter where the sun is.

parking in the sun should not have really matter any.

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

what was your voltage at? were you clipping the shit out of the amp? what size power wire did you use. what ohm load did you have the amp wired to.

(sorry im a newb to some of this)

Before my Amp started turning off i was at 14 volts. When my amp was messing up it dropped to about 11. idk what clipping means. im using 8g power wire. The amp is wired to 4 ohms

did u have the gain turned all they way up on the amp?

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

It sounds like you fried the amp. Could have been the way it was wired, clipping, or maybe some wires were touching things they shouldn't have.

J&T DESIGNS

M5

4 Audioque 15's copper coils dropping Audiopipe, and picking up DB DRIVE OKUR

Powermasters

XS POWER

Dropping MaxxSonics

Pioneer

that sucks dude...

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

that sucks dude...

no point of spamming..

did u check the gain. if u overload it it wont even turn back on again

edit: sorry misssed where the gain question was posted.. im guessing just clipping

Edited by Red-navi-916

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.