Help me out with my electrical..

Well this is how its gunna be...

Before I start. Would it be better to get 1 say 250-300 amp alt, or 2 200 amp alts? I may be able to weld up a bracket to fit my Blazers 4.3 V6.. so I can run 2 alternators.

I'm going to run 1 Audiopipe AP3000.1D. 3000 watts @ 2 ohms powering my pair of Mach 5 Audio SPL-12s.

I've got 50ft of 1 gauge welding lead. This is what I'm going to use for my power wire. It should be big enough?

I will be doing the Big 3...

So, the 1 gauge will be running from the front battery (which is stock for now, is this fine?) to the rear bank of batteries.

The rear batteries are undecided. 55ah Blue Tops run about $250 each, I can get Deka 9A34s for $168+s/h from the closest East Penn thing.

I will probably be running two rear batteries.

I can get 250a fuses and a fuse block locally.. I think.

How often should I fuse?

My batteries will be right in front of my amp, or really close. So the runs will be short. I will probably do buss bars.

I think the AP3000.1D has two imputs?

This is my first 'large scale' setup. My old setup, and the other few I've isntalled, had amp install kits.

Also what gauge wire should I run from the amp to my subs? I heard 12 gauge is fine, but I'd like overkill.

Well this is how its gunna be...

Before I start. Would it be better to get 1 say 250-300 amp alt, or 2 200 amp alts? I may be able to weld up a bracket to fit my Blazers 4.3 V6.. so I can run 2 alternators.

I'm going to run 1 Audiopipe AP3000.1D. 3000 watts @ 2 ohms powering my pair of Mach 5 Audio SPL-12s.

I've got 50ft of 1 gauge welding lead. This is what I'm going to use for my power wire. It should be big enough?

I will be doing the Big 3...

So, the 1 gauge will be running from the front battery (which is stock for now, is this fine?) to the rear bank of batteries.

The rear batteries are undecided. 55ah Blue Tops run about $250 each, I can get Deka 9A34s for $168+s/h from the closest East Penn thing.

I will probably be running two rear batteries.

I can get 250a fuses and a fuse block locally.. I think.

How often should I fuse?

My batteries will be right in front of my amp, or really close. So the runs will be short. I will probably do buss bars.

I think the AP3000.1D has two imputs?

This is my first 'large scale' setup. My old setup, and the other few I've isntalled, had amp install kits.

Also what gauge wire should I run from the amp to my subs? I heard 12 gauge is fine, but I'd like overkill.

I always found it a better bang for the buck to go with group 31 sized batteries (especially for daily). Deka has 9A31's, Odyssey pc2150 or kinetik hc2400....

I always found it a better bang for the buck to go with group 31 sized batteries (especially for daily). Deka has 9A31's, Odyssey pc2150 or kinetik hc2400....

I do like the D3100 specs and only hear good things about them :)

Will 50 feet be enough for a run of positive and negative from up front? Is your wire 1 gauge or 1/0, there is a difference. You'll be fine with a 250-300 amp alternator.

I have 8 gauge wire going to my subs.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

Its #1 Welding cable lead.

A 25ft run will support 300a, accordign to the the chart.

DSC08855.jpg

DSC08859.jpg

DSC08861.jpg

The closest East-Penn place (makers of Deka) said group 34s are as big as he can get.

The local audio shop carries Kinetik. The HC1800 is around $500. The HC3800 is $980.

Edit: two places here say they usually run 12 gauge to the subs. But I'm going to run big as possible.

Edited by Gearstix

If you can fit 8 gauge on the subs, go for it.

#1 should be good from the front to back and a 300amp alt should be good. Do the big 3 with the same size wire. Then go from the back batteries to the amp with the largest wire the amp can handle. Fuse on the wire going from front to back batteries as close to the batteries as possible.

Check out remybattery.com. I would go with the Deka 9A31, 9A31H, or 9A31PH instead of the 9A34. They're a little more on cost though. Those are what I'm looking at since I'm stepping down from running 16 volt.

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

Its #1 Welding cable lead.

A 25ft run will support 300a, accordign to the the chart.

"PICS"

The closest East-Penn place (makers of Deka) said group 34s are as big as he can get.

The local audio shop carries Kinetik. The HC1800 is around $500. The HC3800 is $980.

Edit: two places here say they usually run 12 gauge to the subs. But I'm going to run big as possible.

I wouldnt pay retail for those batteries you could get a HC3800 shipped for a little under 500

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17672_...KHC+3800-.html#

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Running at 2 ohms, so 2000 watts. A 300 amp and two batteries in the rear should be plenty. I plan on running the same amp at 2 ohms on my DC's and I'm going to do a 220a alt, Dry Cell up front, and the Big 3 and see where my volts stand at that, then I'll worry about rear bank if need be.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

It may cheaper for me to run 2 200a alternators. Would this suffice? I'm sorta afraid to price out a 350a alternator, lol.

Problem is with the batteries, I'm in Canada..

TechSys, you said to fuse the run from front to back, but what about the run from the batteries to the amp?

300a fuse for the #1 ?

Running at 2 ohms, so 2000 watts. A 300 amp and two batteries in the rear should be plenty. I plan on running the same amp at 2 ohms on my DC's and I'm going to do a 220a alt, Dry Cell up front, and the Big 3 and see where my volts stand at that, then I'll worry about rear bank if need be.

If I remember correctly... The Audiopipe AP3000.1D is two 1500.1s strapped in one case. So it will do 3000W @ 2 ohms.

And its CEA rated, and its been proven to do at least rated.