Second Skin Audio

8" woofer ideas...

Rogers

ok so im getting sick of not having any bass in my regular cab tacoma... ive had a couple systems in it before.... both were in a prefab box made to fit my year and model of truck.... the first setup i did was 2 10" alpine type s's off of an mrp-m1000 ran at 4ohm and i just wasnt happy with it.... then i sold them and got the second system... it was 2 10" diamond audio d110d4's off of a D5 300.2.... it sounded better but i still wasnt happy... so i sold all of it...

so im ready to build something new but this time im going to build a fiberglass enclosure... and i am thinking about going with a single 8" woofer firing up behind my center console.... and the box will take up most of the area behind the seats... ive been thinking about doing a singe JLaudio 8w7 but they are just so expensive.... so my questions is what other badass 8"woofers are out there for under 200-250bux?

obviously im not going for numbers... i just want this to hit hard and be decently loud let me know what you think...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

RE makes an 8 also, but im not sure if one of em will be loud enough for your liking

2000 Nissan Xterra

-Infinity 6020cs components

-Infinity 692.7 6x9s

-DC LVL 4 12

-AQ1200

-Pioneer DEHP860MP H/U

-4 channel amp for mids and highs??? I need some suggestions

well for the most part the loudness will come from the box design but i still need a woofer that will move a good bit of air and handle power efficiently

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

Just out of personal experience if your going to use eights you will need a few to equal anything man honestly. True bass has eights that will take your power all day long, but if you want more main stream JL is a good choice SQL wise but kicker makes eights as well but they don't have the SQL of the JL.

J&T DESIGNS

M5

4 Audioque 15's copper coils dropping Audiopipe, and picking up DB DRIVE OKUR

Powermasters

XS POWER

Dropping MaxxSonics

Pioneer

any links to specs and prices?

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

Archived