Second Skin Audio

box to big??????

1mtx1

here is my sub its a d-2 15inch https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/...view.shopscript

my box is sub up port's back tune to 34.9 with 50 inches of port area andafter sub and port my box is 4 cubic feet. is this box to big for the sub ? i never messed with single sub stages in the past and i was unsure if this box would be a good fit. Thanks

box can b seen here

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...c=52752&hl=

you should be good 4 cu sounds good for a 15 and the site says 3-4cu tuning i think was at 33hz but tuning is what you would prefer. looks good to me.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

you should be good 4 cu sounds good for a 15 and the site says 3-4cu tuning i think was at 33hz but tuning is what you would prefer. looks good to me.

thanks bro, i had a battery issue i posted about i got it to work today but i was looking thing's over and my friend was like your box should be smaller an d u have to much port area i wanted some advice. ill leave it alone. did u look at the pics of it?

4 cubes before or after displacement?

its after displacdment, i think there is to much port area, 4 4inch ports. if i face the ports in the cabin will that help with moving more air towards me. i have it sub up ports back. tomrrow i will b workin on my car for the last time. my surgery is in a week it will take 3-5 months befor im better.

Right off Fi's site:

"BTL 15 – Ported box we recommend using 3-5 cubic feet @ 30-35Hz. Again use 12-16 square inches of vent area per cubic foot of volume.
"

Here's the goodies

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Alright. I dunno what your box is tuned to, but this is what Fi reccomends.

"SSD 15 – We recommend using the copper coil option on the SSD15 for sealed applications. They work well in the 2-3 cuft enclosure sizes.

Ported box we recommend using 3-4 cubic feet @ 33Hz (this is optimal in our eyes and to our ears, you can tune 31-35hz fine if you so please)"

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Alright. I dunno what your box is tuned to, but this is what Fi reccomends.

"SSD 15 – We recommend using the copper coil option on the SSD15 for sealed applications. They work well in the 2-3 cuft enclosure sizes.

Ported box we recommend using 3-4 cubic feet @ 33Hz (this is optimal in our eyes and to our ears, you can tune 31-35hz fine if you so please)"

im tune to 34.9 sub up port back copper coil d-2, i have a sun down 1200d .

Archived