So im thinking of my next system. So far im thinking 3 DD1508s or 2 AQ HDC310s off about 3kw. What all am i going to need electrical wise? I know a guy who had 4 AQ3500Ds off a stock 90A alt and a shitton of batteries. (well, im 99% sure he was running stock alt). So if i get enough battery to back up the current draw, would that be enough or would i need an alt? I havent had much luck finding an alt for my car. 2010 Lancer. Not many H.O. Alts out there for it. So assuming i can get away with no HO alt. What would i need in the battery dept. And what would i need for batts with an alt even? Also. For running a 2nd battery, do you just have a run from the front to the back batt, then to the dist blocks and ground the back batt in the back where you ground the amps? Thats the way ive been thinking itd be done, just thought id make sure. (didnt mention fusing, but im assuming you gotta fuse from the front batt to the back batt yes? and also from the back batt to dist block)

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

i doubt you can have 12000rms worth of amps with a stock alt and just a bunch of batts. the alt couldnt even keep up with charging all the batteries and running w/e else was on in the car.

imo, i think you can get about 1500rms, 2 extra batts, and the Big 3 before you start running into trouble.

Edited by Krannyman92

oh...for two batts

u just run postive to positive, negative to negative

i always like to do postive and negative from front to back battery

i like grounding my amps to the rear battery

look at powermaster and kinetik betteries...

Edited by andym85

i likes me some audio stuff...

oh...for two batts

u just run postive to positive...same with negatives

i always like to do postive and negative from front to back battery

i like grounding my amps to the rear battery

look at powermaster and kinetik betteries...

lol i hope he doesnt do + from front to - to back and vice versa. thats what i thought you first meant.

what about shuriken batts, i hear that they're the same exact internals as kinetik's

ive got a few questions about this kinda thing

but my main one is, why ppl get huge alts is to charge the extra batteries aint it?

or does it take the strain off the stock electrical or w/e n the extra batteries are backup storage kinda sorta?

im askin this cause i seen a guy with 4 03 or 04 L7 15's ran from 2 ma audio hk802's (i think he had 4 for comps, 2 for daily) with 14 batteries and a 300amp stinger alt

n with all that his lights still dimmed, but it got loud as shit tho, n looked cool to, diamond plate box n trimmings with neon tubes around stuff n what knot

and was doin :hairtrick: off it to, wish i knew bout this site back then n had a digi cam, man i seen some cool ass systems in my time but never had a cam to take pics wit :(

anyways a new alt with big three, n then a good starter battery with a resurve or 2ndary batteries in back, i unno how much current those amps pull so i unno how many u would need

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

ive got a few questions about this kinda thing

but my main one is, why ppl get huge alts is to charge the extra batteries aint it?

or does it take the strain off the stock electrical or w/e n the extra batteries are backup storage kinda sorta?

im askin this cause i seen a guy with 4 03 or 04 L7 15's ran from 2 ma audio hk802's (i think he had 4 for comps, 2 for daily) with 14 batteries and a 300amp stinger alt

n with all that his lights still dimmed, but it got loud as shit tho, n looked cool to, diamond plate box n trimmings with neon tubes around stuff n what knot

and was doin :hairtrick: off it to, wish i knew bout this site back then n had a digi cam, man i seen some cool ass systems in my time but never had a cam to take pics wit :(

anyways a new alt with big three, n then a good starter battery with a resurve or 2ndary batteries in back, i unno how much current those amps pull so i unno how many u would need

an upgraded alt will better charge an upgraded battery (or multiple batteries)....

and with 14 batts, i would want more than 1 alt to charge all them

imagine if u had a stock 90amp alt charging 14 batts....it would be trying so hard to keep up with them, that it would just burn out...

i likes me some audio stuff...

ya, i think they were yellow tops, but hell this was back in 04 or 05, but it was makein my shirt move a shit ton with the door shut on about half tilt, he had the chrome n blue l7's

sounded good none the less

but ya, i got a stock 70amp alt with big 3 in 0guage, duralast gold 950amp in front n stinger sp800 in back, 0guage threwout, memphis pr1000.1 and pr150.2 for mids n highs, n soon a memphis pr 100.2 for midbass if i can ever find one, should got that one forsale on here :(

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

well, anyone know where to get a H.O. Alt for a 2008+ lancer with the 2.0L?

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.