Gorilla Pits-Something For the Trunk

Just joined the site and don't know if this is the right section...I'm going to take a wild guess and say this song isn't posted. I'm from the Bay Area and love Bay music, this is a pretty old song (1-2 years) but has a bass that will rattle your trunk.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/64234153ebf07c62/

Any feedback on posting and song is appreciated

Edited by wonderbreadSTS

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

What's your name man?

Mine is the same thing as here minus the STS

Appreciate the feedback...Gorilla Pits make songs that are for the trunk...I'll post another one up that is super clean too

2015 Mazda 6

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

i know it doesnt look clipped or dirty but i have 2 problems with this song

dude, its peaks at 28db... thats almost a sine wave... most people use a -3db test tone to set gains... (i suggest -5) so this song is too loud and ur amp isnt gonna like it

two, altho it doesnt look like a clip, it sounds like one... slow it down 20% then look at the waveform and u can see where its flattened and then the mids and highs were added onto that... so its disguised almost... ill get a screen shot if i need to

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

i know it doesnt look clipped or dirty but i have 2 problems with this song

dude, its peaks at 28db... thats almost a sine wave... most people use a -3db test tone to set gains... (i suggest -5) so this song is too loud and ur amp isnt gonna like it

two, altho it doesnt look like a clip, it sounds like one... slow it down 20% then look at the waveform and u can see where its flattened and then the mids and highs were added onto that... so its disguised almost... ill get a screen shot if i need to

Its from a mixtape so quality isn't going to be great with this one...check out my other thread I made with another track of theirs plus a track by another rapper...thanks for the feedback...I would like to see a screenshot also

2015 Mazda 6

to most this would look maxed out, but fine to play

to me i see and hear the distortion.... not because its clipped outside of the data range, its the bass that was created before mixing in the mids and highs thats the problem

untitled-17.jpg

Thanks, have you played this yet in the car just for fun?

2015 Mazda 6