Sonic Electronix

Hooking up my car subwoofers in my home

High current ac to dc converter......Converter will plug directly into wall socket. Possitive lead from converter to amp, same with negative for power. Run speaker cables from amp to subs. for signal, if your home audio video unit has a sub out, use that and some y adapters from av unit to amplifier.

Thanks man, I really appreciate your help. Unfortunately I have these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...&Tpk=z-2300 speakers that I want to hook the subs up too, and that may be a challenge. Does that Kinetic AC to DC converter below have big enough holes for 4 gauge wire..?

Thanks, looks like a pretty sweet product. One thing though, how will my amp get the signal to "turn on" without a REM wire?

Thanks man, I really appreciate your help. Unfortunately I have these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...&Tpk=z-2300 speakers that I want to hook the subs up too, and that may be a challenge. Does that Kinetic AC to DC converter below have big enough holes for 4 gauge wire..?

Im sure. In fact, it probably has 1/0 gauge connections. About those speakers, you can hook the sub amp up through the sub output on the av unit and power your car audio subs. The 2.1 setup you showed should have a high level input on the sub unit itself and then high level outputs that go to the satellite speakers. Just run the front outputs from the av unit to the input on the sub unit and then the outputs on the sub unit to the satellite speakers.

Thanks, looks like a pretty sweet product. One thing though, how will my amp get the signal to "turn on" without a REM wire?

just run a jumper lead from the + input on the amp to the remote input. then when you shut off or unplug the ac to dc converter, the amp will shut off cause there is no voltage running at all through its outputs to the amplifier.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

just run a jumper lead from the + input on the amp to the remote input. then when you shut off or unplug the ac to dc converter, the amp will shut off cause there is no voltage running at all through its outputs to the amplifier.

Gotcha, also.. Do you have any idea to get a signal to the amp from the current speaker setup I linked to you above?

Gotcha, also.. Do you have any idea to get a signal to the amp from the current speaker setup I linked to you above?

From what I see, the 2.1 setup has its own amplifier. what u need to do is take a set of rca's and run them from the rca output of the front channels of ur av unit to the rca inputs that turn into the headphone jack before the volume control of the 2.1 unit. the sub of the 2.1 system has its own amp for itself. All it needs is an rca or headphone signal to operate. Like i said. ur av unit should have rca outputs for the "front left and right" channels. use those to run the signal to the 2.1 system. run ur car audio sub amp off the sub output of the av unit.

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

throw 24V at ur amp and see what happens...

ur thinking of a 12v transformer thing..that hwo ghetto ppl like me put spot lights inside of their pool.. with a 12V transformer so it dont shock ya or in ur case blow the cover off yer amp haha

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

throw 24V at ur amp and see what happens...

ur thinking of a 12v transformer thing..that hwo ghetto ppl like me put spot lights inside of their pool.. with a 12V transformer so it dont shock ya or in ur case blow the cover off yer amp haha

U must not know what I am talking about if u are referring to my posts. I am talking about a ac to dc converter. It converts 120v into however many volts it is switched to, with a given amperage output at that voltage. So, 12v setting, 80 amps output on a 1000d amplifier shouldnt be bad, especially if he had a kinetik or powermaster between the converter and the amp.

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

You'll need a converter of about 50 amps min and more along the lines of 75 amps to run it and unless you know someone selling one used cheap dont think about it. you'll be looking at 500 for a power supply to try it.

Way back when i was racing R/C cars i got a deal on a 35 amp and a 75 amp PS so i was able to play around with my sound sytem hooked to my home theater.

Edited by Skullz

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

its gonna be like 300 and some bux for the 80 amp, unless you find a deal like this http://www.audiosavings.com/products/NEW-K...30e.r3a8bd.aspx , which is about the cheapest i see them.

and please put a battery in line, it takes such a strain of the PS, because now it is a charger more than a sole source of current, and I know i've blown a few (admittedly cheaper) PS's by just drawing a bit too much off of them (like literal flames out the chassis blown)

and this thing isnt wasted when you decide to put the setup back in your vehicle, this thing will tend to the batteries in your car, its meant to intelligently top off and float agm batteries, and with 80 amps it can handle quite a bank of batteries. if you're one of those people with more batts and amps than the alternator can handle (aka most of us) this could be a real help, strap that thing on there at night and let it top em off and keep em fresh

Edited by raytard

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC