1 slot port divided into 2

the thing is i really want my sub central in cab not to keen on sub one end port other,i understand that port width maybe to small 1.5 inch each side so you say shrink height of cab to get better width port each side is that correct.if i shrink height then i lose more cft.

so what i wrote below is that correct if i want split port into 2

3.4 cft internal. the port height is 419mm that will stay the same the width of port is 88mm that will half to 44mm length to stay at 20.i was given formula to work out width of port. cuft of box after displacement x 16 = sq in of port opening then dividing this by internal height gives me the port width.recomended lengh for dd tuning was 20 inches gives between 35-40 hz.

so my way of thinking is 88mm x 419mm / 508mm long

eg 44mm x 419 /508 long x2

Never been a big fan of split ports. If you want the sub in the middle of the box consider doing 1 port out the side...

x2

Two ports for the same port area simply increases the surface friction and temperature inside your port because two ports will have more surface area than only one. This reduces the overall efficiency of your whole subwoofer system with two ports as opposed to one.

Boon, I am with you on this. Don't the multiport enclosures sometimes sound like they are wheezing? This, I think, is because of the surface friction inside the ports/