Second Skin Audio

need help with trunk ideas

ive got an 04 altima . with the seats up you can barely hear the bass, seats down its alot louder.after talking to a couple people in another forum i decided to try a 4th order bandpass ported through the rear deck with 2 4" aeroports. after cutting the holes and fitting the aeros in the deck,i havent been able to get a design for the box from anyone.i thought about just building a 4.5 cubed ported box with the subs facing back and ported into the cabin but everyone was saying thats a bad idea and it'll sound like crap. right now i have 2 12" re sex subs in a 2.5 sealed box that i was using until the box i planned on building is done, i tried facing the subs back, towards the seat, and up towards the rear deck and its definatly the loudest facing back.does anyone have an idea of what i can do to have it get loud with the seats up? if anyone's willing to make a design for a bandpass box for me ill pay for it with paypal.

thank you dubie that would be great. hows his car sound?im a little disappointed with the re sex's in a sealed box. i know its a shitty box so im hoping once they are in another box they will sound alot better.

bro what can i say?.it bumps hard!!..real hard..for a trunk car?..it bumps.i was suprised..i taught he had like 4 12's or something but once he showed me his setup i was like damn..haha!..

he has 2 15's L7

a Rockford Fosgate T20001bd rated at 2400 rms+

and alot more bro...ill get some pics if i can or see him this wekend..!

:hairtrick: :hairtrick: :hairtrick: :hairtrick: :hairtrick: :hairtrick:

inmy altima, i had 2 L7s in a sealed box, 2 Pioneer Premier, 2 Cerwin Vega Vmax in a sealed box, 2 Duals in a Bandpass Box, 1 18" DC.

havent had a problem wile the seats are up, and with the SE's, you should have a problem either. Check your box, and what amp are you running? Also, theres a build on hear in an altima with 2 SX's from redbaron, you should check it ou.

:)

I have 2003 civic EX coupe. I plan on porting a single 12" BL through the rear deck as trunk space is small for me to display the amps and sub box. My plan will be to use 3/4" acrylic/Lexan whichever I can get for the back of the box and paint the entire inside of the box, the port will run up through the rear deck. This is a while away from construction though as I am in the middle of a huge install for a friend. I can help you design and make sure you have the right cubic ft and right tuning for whatever your going for. Just Pm me