Second Skin Audio

Second Skin Damplifier Pro Install

Here is my Damplifier Pro install that I've been waiting to put up for a few weeks. I did the install at my buddy's house and forgot my camera there. I finally drove back to his house this past week to do some testing and get it back so I got my pics to show you guys how well this stuff works.

Thanks Ant for the Awesome product. I'll be ordering more here very soon. I have faith in your deadener that I have never had in any other company's product. It helped me gain some spl in my car as well as reduce vibration!!!

DSC01237.jpg

DSC01238.jpg

Here's a comparrison between the Damplifier Pro and some crappy Elemental Designs Edead.

Edead:

DSC01239.jpg

Damplifier Pro:

DSC01240.jpg

Do I even have to tell you which one of these dampeners is better? If you can even call Edead a dampener. It's more like duct tape with some butyl rubber on one side of it.

What I decided to do with my Damp Pro was put some around the 5X7 plates that I have that house a 6 1/2 in my doors. This helped out quite a bit on the sound by stopping a vibration that happened when the speaker hit the plate. I also put some more on the doors where the top of the door panel is since there wasn't any deadener there at all. I'm going to eventually take all the Dynamat off the doors and replace it with Damplifier Pro. I am really excited to see how much spl that would add since it's clearly a superior deadener. Just wait til later in the thread when I reveal how much only 3 sheets of the Damp Pro added in spl!!!

Here are the before pics of my passenger door:

DSC01235.jpg

A couple shots of the Damp Pro applied:

DSC01241.jpg

DSC01242.jpg

Here is the driver's side door with the same exact application:

DSC01243.jpg

DSC01244.jpg

With the Damp Pro on the door:

DSC01245.jpg

DSC01246.jpg

Now on to the spl gain I got from only doing the rear fender wells of my car. We were testing my car when I first put my spl box into it. We took off each of the rear carpet panels and put a single layer on the wheel well. We did the first one where the port fires into and gained .2db right off the bat. Those of you that compete know how much that is to gain from something so little. Next we did the other wheel well and gained another .2db. So overall we gained .4 db from adding the Damplifier Pro. There were only 3 sheets used on these rear fender wells and I can't believe how much spl was gained.

Wheel well pics before and after:

Before:

DSC01247.jpg

DSC01249.jpg

After:

DSC01248.jpg

DSC01250.jpg

I've tried other deadeners and NEVER had the results that I've had with the Second Skin product. I plan on redoing the doors in the car and also giving the roof a shot with the Damp Pro too. I may get enough to do the spare tire well also since I already have some of that other crappy Edead in there now.

Thanks Ant for the great product. I give it a 10/10 in all areas. I'm glad you let me try it with not a lot of money involved ($16.00 for shipping) I've been skeptical before and probably wouldn't have spent the money to try it out. You've got a customer for life now!!!!!!

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I know that you guys all know how badass Damplifier Pro is but I thought there would be at least more than 1 comment. I mean I used 3 of the sheets on my rear fender wells and gained .4 db on my spl score. That's some serious shit. I'd love to see what I do when I get some more of this stuff in my car. I bet that I can gain a db more or better with some more.

Ant we need to talk. Everytime I get on your site it fucks up my computer and I can't navigate it. It's the only site that I get on that does it. I'm going to email you for some prices on some more deadener. Thanks!!!!!

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

Thanks! Since I didn't post the new score that I'm doing here for a couple of reasons pm me and I'll tell you what my new high score is with one 15 and two Sundown 2000d's with everything located in the hatch. It's pretty damn impressive if you ask me. I'll post the numbers up in my spl box build page after next weekend which is NSPL finals. Got to keep it on the DL for now even though some people might know cause it could have slipped out.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

• 2 weeks later...
I know that you guys all know how badass Damplifier Pro is but I thought there would be at least more than 1 comment. I mean I used 3 of the sheets on my rear fender wells and gained .4 db on my spl score. That's some serious shit. I'd love to see what I do when I get some more of this stuff in my car. I bet that I can gain a db more or better with some more.

Ant we need to talk. Everytime I get on your site it fucks up my computer and I can't navigate it. It's the only site that I get on that does it. I'm going to email you for some prices on some more deadener. Thanks!!!!!

Glad you are getting such great results!

Give me a call to talk about the website issues. Things on my end seem to be fine!

ANT

secondskin_468x60.gif