Sonic Electronix

So in my new car i don't have the indash yet and have been using a line output converter and it was working fine well a couple of days ago during music the subs started popping like hitting just at random times very loudly so i took it out and wired it a little differently and then the subs would cut in and out so i was like what the hell is going on maybe the cheap ass rca's i borrowed for the time being so went and bought some new rockford ones and now they don't do any of that but they barely hit so i thought maybe the rca's backwards caused that? so i went to switch them i unplugged one and one sub started hittin like normal while the other didn't hit wat is going on?

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

So in my new car i don't have the indash yet and have been using a line output converter and it was working fine well a couple of days ago during music the subs started popping like hitting just at random times very loudly so i took it out and wired it a little differently and then the subs would cut in and out so i was like what the hell is going on maybe the cheap ass rca's i borrowed for the time being so went and bought some new rockford ones and now they don't do any of that but they barely hit so i thought maybe the rca's backwards caused that? so i went to switch them i unplugged one and one sub started hittin like normal while the other didn't hit wat is going on?

It sounds to me like when you rewired them you might have done it in a way that caused the ohm load to dro & then caused the amp to go into protect mode.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

but if the amp was in protect mode wouldn't the subs not go at all?

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

Before i bought my deck i had 2 12's hooked up with something like that and if i turned the gain up past half it would kick the power back to the amp cutting it off. Also make sure you have all your terminals matched like + with + and - with -

i think i just gave myself a concussion i facepalmed so hard.

and for the 1's that dont like me.....

well, Im still here fuckers. Cant get rid of me that easy.

well yea i have all the terminals matched up but ill check the gain

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

well yea i have all the terminals matched up but ill check the gain

After doing some thinking it sounds to me like you might have a loose speaker wire & the random loud popping is from the wire touching its terminal while signal is going to the subs. I know what im trying to say but im not sure if I got it across. Its like trying to put a fuse in with your system on = big spark when it makes contact, system off = little spark. That kinda thing.

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang

well instead of regular terminals i have them bolted through the box and im pretty sure there tight but i can check tomorrow when it stops raining.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

Here is a sound clip of what there doing you can hear it some of the time and it sticks out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxWV-oCRZas

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

Archived