Second Skin Audio

Ported Box For Sx 18" Subwoofer

Dozier

I am looking for someone to help me out with a box design on a SX 18" sub that I ordered from Cloak559 from Superior Sound. I am having trouble getting replies to my thread in Member build/ Show off section where I have been asking questions on my thread and preparing to build a nice sound system in my little Japanese daily driver. I took some measurements and found out that the hatch is small enough that the subwoofer is going to have to be angled, and the rear of the box will have to be angled looking like this.

/ \

Bottom

From the side view. The subwoofer should be in the middle and I was told to use aero ports. I have no idea how to measure or use the aero ports. I have only slot ported a box and built sealed boxes. Could someone please help me. I need a tune to 34-35 hz. I could probably squeeze about 5 cubes out of a box.

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

Hope the Images are OK to see..

Not sure exactly what the box angles and such are.. but i guess i kinda have the idea you were sayin..

I'm not good with tuning boxes and stuff.. (not much knowledge of it) but heres a design.. if the tuning works..

2 - Tube Ports

( i meant to draw the sub facing the rear... lol)

Cpl_Dozier_Design1.jpg

Then.. a rectangular port.. (once again.. i dont know the specks/dimensions.. you would have to determin port depth..)

Cpl_Dozier_Design2.jpg

This is another design.. but with port on backside of box.. the port is angled to the bottom of the box..

Cbl_Dozier_Design3.jpg

Hope i have helped... some.. lol

06 SCION tC

I like those designs. Now I just need to figure out what would be acceptable for air space. Then find a tune for it. Thank you very much.

exactly what you'll have to do! =D lol.. i dont know the airspace and tuning you want your box.. but those are some designs, i kind like the third one the best.. or even the 2nd one.. well hope you get a good design and go with it! =D

Your Welcome.

06 SCION tC

I would start with dimensions first, calculate air space.... BassBox 6.0 has that style box in its files, I, or alot of us here can actually calculate that up if you gave us dimensions, THEN, you work with port area, and length

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Well I wanted to get about 6 cubes and tune to 34hz. I was told that would slam. But I am going to have a hard time getting that amount of space in my trunk without using fiberglass and maximizing my space. I think I am going to go with the same style desing I used in my Explorer in the states with 6 cubes to 36 hz. I just need to fix the port to 34hz instead. I will stick it in the back seat all nasty looking and stuff. It is a slot port crx box.

Archived