LOL :drinks: . I'm just here to help people! If I feel that a reply is incorrect, I call it out, no big deal.

And btw I'm not completely blaming Vista, my virus protection is shit, I use limewire :pardon: , etc. but it still ran kinda slow to begin with....

I'm gonna get my old man to format it soon for me and upgrade it to windows seven.

Also, I just updated my limewire... It has virus prevention now, It's the sheezy, download a bad song and it tells you that its virused and stops the download...

P.S. I appreciate everybodys imput... I knew this was gonna be a busy thread

i have 2 laptops (a cool toshiba, dual core 1.66, 2gigs of ram, and an asus eeepc,atom cpu, 1gig ram)

toshiba came with vista, eee came with xp...eee was 10x faster on half the hardware

so i'm dumb and basically crashed both harddrives through being dumb, got some new ones, but didnt have boot disks, so now i'm on the newest ubuntu, 9.04

as fast if not faster than xp, looks a whole shit ton better than mac or windows anything, cant get a virus, and EVERYTHING works. neither computers webcam worked in the PREINSTALLED AND CONFIGURED windows, but works fine in linux. every button, every little quirky thing (like the toshiba's spinning volume plate and the asus's fnc+f12/f11 volume buttons) works fine. I haven't found a single thing i cant do in linux that i did in windows (besides games, but i havnt dont that in liek 5 years anyway, and who the hell games on an eeepc?

google compiz fusion sometimes and prepare to go "oh shit, so thats what linux had 5 years ago and the guys at mac and windows have been copying ever since"

oh, and its FREE and can be booted off of a usb drive, i downloaded it, put it on a drive, installed it, configured it, and had it usable in a matter of hours

and with a upnp server running (and streaming), a torrent program open, and half a dozen tabs open on firefox(on 4 separate desktops I might add) i'm not even at 400mb of ram and 20% of my cpu being used, and anything i click loads instantly, i love this thing. if you guys get a chance, give it a shot

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC