Second Skin Audio

NoFearX18's Second Skin Damplifier Pro Install

I won Promotion Number 3.

After looking over my truck I decided I would install my door kit on my roof. I will purchase more Second Skin later on to do my doors.. My roof needs it much more.

Today I started tearing the truck down.. I took the visors, roof console, and "Oh Shit bars" down... Tomorrow the side panels will be coming out... my hatch will be getting fixed (Sub broke it) and the second skin will be going on.

I will upload all the pics of my progress tomorrow sometime tomorrow night. I should be done tomorrow night but not entirely sure. We'll see how its goes...

Thanks again to Second Skin for the opportunity to try out your product!

Edited by NoFearX18

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

I tore the truck down a bit more today. headliners taken out, tailgate torn off. and im working on the side panes... then the door panels... Then the carpet in the rear... trucks going to be naked...

Took my entire system out too. Amp, Box, Sub, Battery...

My Second Skin didn't get here until around 4:30 so I didn't start tonight... And I don't have a Roller to put it on... I'll order one tomorrow I guess....Should be here Thursday, Friday at the latest and I'll start laying this stuff down!

I'm excited! I'll have all of the pics up when I actually have some of my laying the deadner.

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

TTIUWOP :ban: J/k do work son

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Ok so here is the install. The reason I used it on the tailgate is because it is the second best place it could go besides the roof. I planned on putting it on the roof but the flex broke off the glue on the roof supports... I plan on fixing that and then adding more deadening before the system back in.

Started Taking stuff apart

GEDC0787.jpg

More stuff gone

GEDC0788.jpg

Sadly I realized that because my tailgate is broken and I could not remove my rear glass to fix it I had to take the entire system out... Here is the beginning of that... 4 channel out and wires coming off...

GEDC0789.jpg

Headliner almost loose

GEDC0790.jpg

Couldn't help it :D

GEDC0791.jpg

Tailgate finally came loose, took the panel off and removed the broken actuator

GEDC0792.jpg

Now that the hatch is open I took the headline out

GEDC0793.jpg

Then out with the system :(

GEDC0794.jpg

Deadener arrived! :)

GEDC0796.jpg

Then decided that I wanted to do my tailgate... here is the before pic

GEDC0797.jpg

Another pic of the panel

GEDC0798.jpg

Batteries died and we got this done while the batteries charged, got inside the gate as well

GEDC0800.jpg

Put this plate that held the actuator back on

GEDC0801.jpg

Started Deadening around it

GEDC0802.jpg

Finished it off and made sure everything worked still, new actuator installed and everything

GEDC0803.jpg

Another veiw

GEDC0804.jpg

My Review: Overall I didn't think it would make THAT big of a difference... My tailgate was really bad before... it snapped the factor actuator arm in half... couldn't open my hatch for well over a year. After installing the Second Skin the tailgate is litereally ROCK SOLID... if you hit the out side of it with your fist you'd think it has concrete in it or something. Overall I am very impressed. Install was easy, Product is nice!

Thanks to Ant for allowing me to try this product! I wish I could throw the system back in to hear the difference right now but I have work to do on the roof.

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!