Sonic Electronix

under the bolt head should be clean metal (if not, clean it up) and it threads right into the floorpan which is well grounded

i vote yes

then again, if you are running some monster grounds, you may need to get more serious, but for a medium amp or two it should be fine

Edited by Lymerock

were are you gonna ground it though?..the best ground for me would be under the 2nd bolt on the bottom..sand the paint off and ground it there..thats were i grounded my amp on my TB..and also wired my mids and high amp under the seat..

if im wrong correct me guys so i could find a new ground..so far my amp has stayed nice and cool..never has gotten "HOT"

hope this helps my brotha!

Edited by DUBIE

Is that the best spot you got?

Some seat bolts have a rubber spacer or padded material under the carpet for a quieter sound in the cabin. It reduces noise. It also can make for a piss poor ground.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I was going to do the bottom bolt, but just under the bolt not the plate.

lol I keep my car pretty damn clean but that shit just comes out a on where, ya know?

and well its the easiest so far, I will check under my carpet tommorow.

I'll post my setup in my sig in a few seconds so let me know what you think

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

single 18" Fi btl fully loaded

2 1750's

2 c&d tech 88amp/hr batts

2 ought wiring

cdt component set up front, cdt coaxials in back

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

like the title says, is this a good ground?

downsized_0910091906.jpg

0910091906a.jpg

to make it even better. grind the paint down under the seat brace and lift and cut away some carpit gring paint of metal once all bare metal. put the lug between the floor and under of seat bracket and bolt down makeing sure all of the lug is touching bare metal.

where are you mounting the amps if the run is the same laght or sorter i would go to the strut tower enless you have a frame under the seat

but the seat bolt will do just fine.

~2006 chrysler Sebring~

~2 runs of 1/0 front to back~

~1/0 wire for "big 3"~

-------------------------------------------------------

4 spl-hx 12'' dual 2

2 dtr 1.3400

3 c&d terminologies 1000s

100 aH Each

piccso 6.5 comps

pinoeer avh 4900dvd

pioneer xm box

blue gauges

custom dave the box guys box

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

new stuff on the way

Team

Soundstream

haha uhhh yeah about that, I will grind away some of the paint but im going to have to take a look at the car for more places.

the amp will most likely go on the back of the box with some rubber spacers between it

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

single 18" Fi btl fully loaded

2 1750's

2 c&d tech 88amp/hr batts

2 ought wiring

cdt component set up front, cdt coaxials in back

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

Try looking for a better spot first.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

cut the carpet back and get a 1/0 ground connector. it makes it so you can put a couple screws into the floorboard and it attaches to the 1/0 like a amp terminal.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-T9Y6gkz6vRe/p...ry.asp?i=211GT0

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts