XS Power

Best battery for up front?

I have a 2009 Mazda3i 2.0L and was wondering what the best battery for my application would be? I'm thinking a 51 group going off of the dimensions, but I'm not sure.

Also, what would be the best supplement battery to use to successfully power a 2500w system? I'm running the stock 90-100A alt and going to be purchasing a XSP starting battery soon.

Thanks everyone for the help.

If you want us to look up your application, you can shoot us a quick email to [email protected] and we can look up the fitment of your battery. The D5100 and D1200 would work great to power your 2500W. Dont forget to pick up the 580 post adaptors for your 5100.

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

If you want us to look up your application, you can shoot us a quick email to [email protected] and we can look up the fitment of your battery. The D5100 and D1200 would work great to power your 2500W. Dont forget to pick up the 580 post adaptors for your 5100.

Sending one now.

Thank you and thank everyone for responding.

Also, would these be the 580 adaptors you're refering to?

http://mechman.com/store/product_info.php/.../products_id/45

Edited by trappin859

Current

'09 mazda3 4dr

clarion hu

2x 10 fi X subs(looking to upgrade)

amp(looking)

Alpine type-r comps in front

type-r coaxials in rear

Update:

Through an email I sent to XS it seems that the S1200 will work best for my application. With that said, I will be purchasing an S1200 for the starting battery and a D1200 for the trunk battery. The S1200 being good for up to 1500watts and the D1200 being a good supplement for up to 3000watts, I figure that should be enough battery power to keep above 13volts.

If I am wrong in this assumption please let me know.

Also, when purchasing the S1200, will I need to purchase anything like post adaptors etc.?

Thanks again everyone.

Current

'09 mazda3 4dr

clarion hu

amp(looking)

type-r coaxials in rear

Update:

Through an email I sent to XS it seems that the S1200 will work best for my application. With that said, I will be purchasing an S1200 for the starting battery and a D1200 for the trunk battery. The S1200 being good for up to 1500watts and the D1200 being a good supplement for up to 3000watts, I figure that should be enough battery power to keep above 13volts.

If I am wrong in this assumption please let me know.

Also, when purchasing the S1200, will I need to purchase anything like post adaptors etc.?

Thanks again everyone.

Great choice! However, keep in mind that in order to hold your voltage above 13V your alternator will need to be able to provide 100% of the current required by your vehicle/audio system. A fully charged XS Power battery will rest at ~13V, so if your alternator is providing 100A and your car/system is drawing 200A, then that means you are pulling 100A from your battery(s). A 100A load on a pair of 1200's will result in a voltage drop from ~13V to ~12.7V. Hope this info proves helpful!

888-4XS-POWER

Great choice! However, keep in mind that in order to hold your voltage above 13V your alternator will need to be able to provide 100% of the current required by your vehicle/audio system. A fully charged XS Power battery will rest at ~13V, so if your alternator is providing 100A and your car/system is drawing 200A, then that means you are pulling 100A from your battery(s). A 100A load on a pair of 1200's will result in a voltage drop from ~13V to ~12.7V. Hope this info proves helpful!

Playing music at 12.7V for a short period of time (less than 5minutes) shouldn't be a problem though, right? I will upgrade my alternator a few months from now, but the electrical I'm going to have now should suffice in the mean time, shouldn't it?

Thanks again. You've been very helpful.

Current

'09 mazda3 4dr

clarion hu

amp(looking)

type-r coaxials in rear

Playing music at 12.7V for a short period of time (less than 5minutes) shouldn't be a problem though, right? I will upgrade my alternator a few months from now, but the electrical I'm going to have now should suffice in the mean time, shouldn't it?

Thanks again. You've been very helpful.

Your voltage will only drop during heavy amperage load periods. If the car is running, then the alternator will quickly bring the voltage back up depending on how far you are exceeding the alternator's output. You will have a great start to your electical system improvements. The alternator should be the final piece to the puzzle!

888-4XS-POWER