1)it reverses the motion of the spring under braking and acceleration. So when you hit the brakes the bag causes the rear end of the truck to lift taking weight off the rear end making for unsafe stopping.

2)It also makes it hard to accelerate making the truck peal out easyer.

3) The short bars in the front also make for bad pinion angle at some point of suspension ride hight. Ive seen it so bad that drivelines fall out while driving down the road.

4) a lot of people with the thornbeck bros 6 link after driving on it for some time ether remove it and go with a KP 6 link or a forward triangle 4 link.

5) also I cant tell in the picks but if you dont have a second plate infront of your pumpkin your dif bolts will start pulling out after a while

1) Like most vehicles my Front brakes do about 85% of my braking.

2) Just doesn't happen. Even on turns and going over RR tracks it sticks to the ground.

3) LOL! Maybe on my lifted ride with 16 inch cylinders my driveshaft would fall out when fully locked up but trust me, not on the dime.

4) Its a 5-Link and I'll be sticking with it for a long time Bro.

5) Extra plate installed.

B)

1. it causes front end dive. It might drive fine for days but one day your going to have a emergency stop and find out what im talking about.

2. Do you have a 2.2 or a v6?

3. lets see some pics or video of your rear end aired out and then at max ride hith

4. sorry about your luck

5. thats good people skip that part and I dont know why :huh:

to the people that have no idea what were talking about. this is a stupid argument people have been argue over for years. People argue even more about reverse triangulated 4 links. but oh well.

ill never run my bags or bars behind my axle.

1. it causes front end dive. It might drive fine for days but one day your going to have a emergency stop and find out what im talking about.

2. Do you have a 2.2 or a v6?

3. lets see some pics or video of your rear end aired out and then at max ride hith

4. sorry about your luck

5. thats good people skip that part and I dont know why :huh:

to the people that have no idea what were talking about. this is a stupid argument people have been argue over for years. People argue even more about reverse triangulated 4 links. but oh well.

ill never run my bags or bars behind my axle.

The SD 5-Link is essentially a 3-Link with lift bars, I.E. the lift bars have NOTHING to do with the actual suspension geometry. It is the wishbone and lower link bars that determine this. I think you may have the 5-link confused with a 50/50 setup. While I do agree that the short length of the link bars will change the pinion angle at the EXTREME ends of travel, my 5-link stays within 1 degree of pinion change throughout its entire usable range of around 12". Also, my driveshaft is nowhere near falling out at any ride height.

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

• 2 weeks later...

Lookin good david, I have been on an bagged vehicle craze for about the past 2 weeks after I seen a ford ranger that I fell in love with forsale on some site. I've fell so deep into this craze I think I may sell my caddy, atv, and personal life to buy and bag my dads truck lol

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Archived