Second Skin Audio

How is this Prefab Q-Logic box?

my 2 12" cvrs sounded good in this box with polyfill inside the box

http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%...uct+%23=QBASS12

Holy shit that is a deal and a half! Those boxes are always expensive and I just do not want to build my own, too much work really (just let me be!).

What's the catch? Shipping is like $230?

images-1.jpg

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

Holy shit that is a deal and a half! Those boxes are always expensive and I just do not want to build my own, too much work really (just let me be!).

What's the catch? Shipping is like $230?

I think with shipping it was like 54 bucks and i live in north ga

2000 GMC sierra 1500 ext cab

KMC XD Spy series rims

Front doors Fosgate punch 6 1/2's stock tweets

Rear doors Fosgate power 4x6's

Probox 10 and box under rear seat

Rockford fosgate R-500 Prime series amp (537 rms)

4 gauge wiring

Damn they have some nice boxes on here :clapping:

2000 GMC sierra 1500 ext cab

KMC XD Spy series rims

Front doors Fosgate punch 6 1/2's stock tweets

Rear doors Fosgate power 4x6's

Probox 10 and box under rear seat

Rockford fosgate R-500 Prime series amp (537 rms)

4 gauge wiring

i used to use a few of their boxs there great and strong.. ( i am still a dealer.. it costs me about 20 bucks to get one box....) there beautiful boxs but i have to drive and get them..

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

yeah dude just build your own you'll be a lot happier i just built my first box it was a GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE but i love my box and its light and makes my 2 12s sound like my old 15s.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

my 2 12" cvrs sounded good in this box with polyfill inside the box

http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%...uct+%23=QBASS12

nah that box is crap i mean its made out of 5/8s MDF it wont last if you throw some power to it.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

that bandpass is crap...that prefab ported box is crap.

bandpasses are custom designed enclosures...there is no one size fits all.

to a extent I agree.

Theres many reasons I wouldnt run a prefab tho, like unheard distortion. I guess it depends how much you value your subs.

Most bandpass prefab boxes are pretty peaky with a not much of a flat response, and tuned in the 40-45hz region.

Id personally take said 55$, buy a 25$ sheet of mdf, a $7 bottle of titebond 3, and a $3 box of screws and make my own box, and with the $20 you saved buy some resin for the inside, and carpet for the outside :)

prefab=poo, especially the plastic q logic... :01nocomment8so:

I dont know about calling their products poo.

That could get you banned very easily for bashing a supporting companies product.

Besides, the box is not plastic, Its wood most likly 5/8inch thick unfortunatly. The plastic is just added in to spice the apperance up. Rockford Fosgate does the same with their loaded speaker boxes that come with p1s and p2s. But those must be junk too ehh?

If the end result is the audiophile doesnt have the tools to build a box himself, or the know how. Qlogic makes a excellent product for the novice users, but they will never compair to a custom box built to the drivers specs.