Second Skin Audio

Ported box for two Type Arrrrrgh's

Type R-12 enclosure Ideas  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What enclosure do you think I should build?

• 1.3-1.5 tuned to 32-4
    • 1.75 tuned to 34
    • 1.75 to 38
    • 2-2.5@32
    • other (explain below)

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of two Alpine R-12's and am planning to build a box this weekend. I made some sketches and guesstulations in class today and came up with a shared chamber with dowel bracing, 38"Wx18Hx21D. The right side of the box will have a 5"x16.5" slot port, length as yet unknown (what's the formula to calculate port length with a slot port? I really wanna know for my bored-in-class brainstorms lol) leaving me at the absolute worst a 30.75x16.35x19.5 enclosure for two type R-12s, making for about 9900 CI which divided by the cube of 12 (1728) would be 5.725 cubes total, excluding driver displacement but assuming the port takes up 5.75" of the whole back wall. I was wondering what you guys thought of this design. I will double check if those are the correct measurements for my trunk tonight and check back.

Let me know what you guys have used and how it worked.

Thanks in advance,

-Austin

Edited by ktownsdriftking

Too many projects, too little time...

i would go around 1.5 cubes for each sub and do around 14sqin of port per cube.... they get damn loud tuned to around 38hz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Would a higher tuning do well on C&S though? I listen to a lot of screwed stuff from some members on here.

I would like a little more up top from my current 33Hz twin S-10 box but I want WAY more down low, anything below like 35Hz disappeared in that box or somethin'. If I really have problems with the upper range I can try adapting my old S-10's to midbasses or get a bunch of cheap by-nines or something.

Would a higher tuning do well on C&S though? I listen to a lot of screwed stuff from some members on here.

I would like a little more up top from my current 33Hz twin S-10 box but I want WAY more down low, anything below like 35Hz disappeared in that box or somethin'. If I really have problems with the upper range I can try adapting my old S-10's to midbasses or get a bunch of cheap by-nines or something.

you dont get both you pick one or the other

With experience with type r and type x thig should work very well for you !

3.4 cu ft tune it to 33hz

my types x's at the moment are in a 3.5 tunes to 32 and damn they slam !

Edited by Tooshort064

95 Civic Coupe

Pioneer AVH-P7600DVD

Kinetik HC-1200 In Front

Kinetik HC-2000 In Rear

Memphis 16-MCA3004

2 X Memphis 16-MCD1000 With Maxxsonics MLX-100

2 X DC LVL 4 XL 12's

Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS In Door's

Kenwood KFC-6982ie In Rear Deck

All Memphis Wire/Rca's and misc.

tooshort.png

724920892.png

im pretty sure alpine suggests no more than 1.75cuft per woofer

EDIT... yes the manual says the vented enclosure range is .75 to 1.75cuft per woofer... the optimum size is 1.3cuft net...

you guys cant just throw a sub in any size enclosure you want... these enclosure specs are build specifically for the woofer... and at 2cuft im willing to bet it wont handle shit for power... especially playing chopped and screwed... you need as much cone control as you can get...

Edited by Rogers

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

you dont get both you pick one or the other

I meant to say that getting lower was my main goal. Cuz it shouldn't be that hard to fill in the midbass if need be.

So maybe take some depth out to get about 4 cubes? Keep in mind I don't know how long the port is going to be yet so I'm expecting displacement to whoop my ass here.

Edited by ktownsdriftking