Second Skin Audio

12" woofer ported box. Sub position relative to port.

A friend and I are building a ported box for my dc lvl 4 12. The box will be facing the rear of the trunch for the loading effect. Does it matter where the sub is relative to the port. What I'm asking is would it make a difference if the port being on one side of the box and the sub being either centered or the opposite? I prefer it being centered just for looks but if it would rob me of quality then I would go opposite. :friends:

it all depends on what kind of port your using, a round port or a slot port, but if your doing a slot port have it kinda how i have mine set up (just look at my pic) or u can have the sub on top of the box in the same position.

1998 4dr blazer

Alpine CDA 9884 head unit

DC lvl 3 15"

3.7 CU FT box (without displacement) tuned to 36.9

1/0 welding cable

Sundown Sae-1000D at 1 ohm

Kicker 4x6 mids and highs in dash

Hifonics Zeus 6.5 mids and highs in front doors

2l412.jpg

112.jpg

that's nice what program is it? Were planning the box to fit wide where's as with the picture shown the woofer would be onthe right side of the box and the exit port would be where the port begins firing beside it.

that's nice what program is it? Were planning the box to fit wide where's as with the picture shown the woofer would be onthe right side of the box and the exit port would be where the port begins firing beside it.

the box is drawn up in sketchup..PLZ dont take the model literal,im still learning sketchup and 7/10 times now i have been off in the model by a couple tenths in cubes or a few hz on tune.

Not trying to thread jack, but...Where did you get that program?...I used to have it till my computer crashed about 2 weeks ago.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...mp;#entry569214

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member