lovin it man, you may be an Aussie :P but keep up the good work and go hard haha

Honda Accord SirT + Mad sounds = Awesomeness

VTEC go BRAAAAAPPPP :P

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141261-99-accord-sirt-sq-build/

Alright well i never done the big 3 so i see in my vision my truck on fire...

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys,

well the SEAS drivers have now gone back to their owner, and i replaced them with a set of the CDT coaxial i bought for my van to see how they sound, i also replaced the JL W6 with a Response papercone 8" (90wrms, 8ohm lol) in a custom built horn tuned wayyyy low... needless to say it surprises a lot of people and smashes the lows, its not loud at all but plays so flat its rediculess... and the best part? it scored better than the JL in an SQ comp lol, $35 woofers FTW!

over the last week ive turned my hand to some perfomance mods to make the drive more enjoyable...

first to be replaced were the front springs and shocks, the shocks were just about stuffed and bounced around all over the place, it was horrible, the springs didnt help with heavy duty towing ones in the rear the fronts were way too soft and made the front end sit up in the sky... after much deliberation i bought Kings Springs Superlows and Monroe GT Sports shocks...

out with the old:

P1090395.jpg

spring comparison:

P1090396.jpg

new ones in:

P1090397.jpg

and a before and after shot of the height:

P1090393.jpg

P1090399.jpg

that was straight off the hoist and before bedding in so its about half an inch lower again now :)

after that was done i decided to do my intake, the old airbox was behind the passenger headlight and had a big box with a panel filter then rubber tube going to the throttlebody, i need the space for a second battery under the bonnet so i chucked the factory airbox away and got some silicone pipe, a Drift pod filter and a MAF sensor adapter:

2011-04-03153409.jpg

old box out, you can see the throttlebody here:

2011-04-03165657.jpg

then i mocked up a new box to house the pod and made sure there was room for the battery:

2011-04-06134639.jpg

then i decided that if im gonna do a new intake i might aswell give it some cold air too instead of crappy hot engine bay air... so i broke out the jigsaw with a metal blade and started cutting:

2011-04-06115046.jpg

voila, instant cold air induction!

2011-04-06131402.jpg

dont mind the dirt, it needs a good wash :P

2011-04-06131351.jpg

now all thats left to do is fill the hole with some mesh and make the airbox to block out the hot engine bay air :)

vandersexx-1.jpgdeafaz-1.jpg

^^^ clicky pics for build logs ^^^

Australia-03-june.gif

haha wow

2011-04-06131402.jpg

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

everyone on facebook and an aussie forum i go on is worried about rain getting into my engine and breaking shit...

so today i went to the car wash!

but first i put some mesh in the hole:

P1090408.jpg

the tape is to hold it while the silicone dries:

P1090409.jpg

i put the cutout back in whe i went to the carwash so the pod didnt get the full blast of the high pressure washer first straight off... theres still some gaps though so hopefully it simulated rain good enough:

P1090410.jpg

the pod got a bit damp on top and the chassis rail got wet, but the car didnt asplode and my engine still runs fine :D

P1090411.jpg

nice and clean :)

P1090413.jpg

P1090412.jpg

and another pic of the front end now that the springs have settled a bit:

P1090415.jpg

thanks for lookin, i might post some more audio updates soon :P

Australia-03-june.gif

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys.

no audio updates again... but i have some bad news, last night i was on the way home from work in the rain and i hit a patch of oil halfway around a roundabout, this sent the car sideways and once i corrected it it gripped unexpectedly spearing me off the side of the road, over the gutter, over a street sign and into someones front yard :(

the accident tore the front bumper off and it got jammed under the front of the car, it also blew out my front left tire...

2011-04-20173820.jpg

2011-04-20173845.jpg

2011-04-20173932.jpg

im very lucky there wasnt more damage, the front bumper went back on with some extra screws replacing the broken clips, but i havnt replaced the tire yet... now that my front is looking a lil worse for wear im looking into getting a new front end off of a newer higher spec model of my car, a VY Calais:

DSC_6533V2.jpg

all of the parts bolt straight on i just need to source the front guards, headlights, bonnet, and front bumper/grill :)

on another note this afternoon i spend making up some battery trays for mine and a mates cars, this is my first one:

2011-04-20225925.jpg

2011-04-20225915.jpg

it will house 2 of my Optima D34s in the spare tire well under the boot, im also making another one to fit 2 more on top of each other in the left rear quarter panel, and finally the extra one under the bonnet where my airbox used to be... they are all made out of 40mm x 40mm x 3mm steel angle :)

thanks for lookin

Australia-03-june.gif

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys,

ive done a little bit more work on the battery tray over the last few days, first i made up the second tray for the boot, this will go in the left quarter panel and hold 2 more optimas:

P1090491.jpg

P1090495.jpg

P1090494.jpg

then i trimmed out a little bit of the quarter panel to fit it in (this hole used to hold the jack and wheel brace)

P1090501.jpg

and test fitted the batts:

P1090502.jpg

when the wall slides in it will miss the terminals by about 1/2 inch :D, the tray will be bolted in through the floor then the batteries strapped to it once its prepped and painted...

esterday i made up the last tray to fit in where i took the airbox out of the engine bay, it will hold 1x optima and was bent up out of 3mm steel plate, i havnt got a pic of it yet but it will also be bolted in and the battery strapped on top, that brings the total up to 6x batts, 2 under the bonnet, 2 in the spare tire well and 2 in the rear quarter... should be plenty for the power im going to be running

oh yeah, over the weekend i also ordered my new front stage, 2x Exodus Audio Anarchy 6.5" mids per side and 1x SB acoustics SB26RDCN tweeter per side, the mids should be here tommorow and tweeters before the end of the week hopefully :D

Australia-03-june.gif

nice man any update is a good update :popcorn: :popcorn:

and i may have missed it but what subs do you plan on running ???

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

not sure if ive mentioned it on here or not but i will be running Response paper cone 10"s... mey not look like the ideal groundpounding subs (225wrms, 8ohm, 59hz fs)but i put 4 of them in a mates car and they did 142db @29hz off about 600wrms, my box will be the same general size/tune as his but in a clamshell, with 4x the subs, and 5x the power so should go alright... the best part is they are cheap cheap!

here are the subs (Response 10" Papercone Woofer):

productLarge_10814.jpg

the midbasses (Exodus Anarchy 6.5")

bdc253c6352440b33f5cdc5387a46d68_2.jpg

and the tweeters (SB Acoustics SB29RDCN)

SB29RDCN-C000-4.jpg

Australia-03-june.gif

Archived