Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Port Plugs


fritosaregood

Recommended Posts

Posted

I saw a link somewhere on here to a place to buy port plugs, but i cant find it now. cant find anythin on internet searches either.

Does anyone know a place to get 6" port plugs, or what does everyone else use for port plugs?

Posted

You're gonna have a hard time plugging a 6" port...

For testing resonant frequencies I've jammed a cushion in one then taped a circle of 3/4" MDF over the end but it was ugly as hell and I don't know how well it sealed it...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Posted

grainger has pipe plugs, and they work, plugging ports doesnt really do anything, = less port area + lower tuning, but usually the loss in port area makes it suck ass

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

Posted
grainger has pipe plugs, and they work, plugging ports doesnt really do anything, = less port area + lower tuning, but usually the loss in port area makes it suck ass

thats why i need it. 3 6in ports for comps, with a higher tuning and 2 6ins ports for daily with a lower tuning.

Posted
You're gonna have a hard time plugging a 6" port...

For testing resonant frequencies I've jammed a cushion in one then taped a circle of 3/4" MDF over the end but it was ugly as hell and I don't know how well it sealed it...

I tried some foam from walmart but it leaks, if i cant find real port plugs ill have to find a more dense foam. for my slot port now i just have a 3/4 in mdf piece covered in carpet and wedged in the port

Posted

You could make a MDF plug that screws into the port hole, though I dont know if the threads would cause turbulence, or if it would be worth your time.

Why not just have 2 ports mounted to one piece of MDF, and another piece of MDF with 3 ports on it, and to change your tuning just unbolt one port piece and bolt the other to the box.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Posted
Why not just have 2 ports mounted to one piece of MDF, and another piece of MDF with 3 ports on it, and to change your tuning just unbolt one port piece and bolt the other to the box.

This.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Posted
Why not just have 2 ports mounted to one piece of MDF, and another piece of MDF with 3 ports on it, and to change your tuning just unbolt one port piece and bolt the other to the box.

Thats what i did before with my slot ports. i think it will be alot easier to just have a plug now, instead of two sets of ports again.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 605 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...