newls1's HUGE 8"s of fury x2 (Starts page 15 for newest update 3/17/13)

heres how it all started tho

he was gonna use btls... which like the same air space, but need to be tuned lower

seth didnt want his box taller than 24.75" so w/the btls it was going to be 60" anyways

so since that space was already going to be used i asked if i could use it all up but have a external port with basically an angled beauty panel so it doesnt look like the port is outside of the box

its huge for sure, and until seth goes past ~9k rms or more this will be great unaltered

moar pics prease

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

New pictures coming soon. I got more bracing done (Kris, Brian.... tell me if I need to add more please) and managed to get one side body filled, and sanded smooth. I cant breathe anymore.....no mask was used, and fucking dust IS EVERYWHERE! I have dust, where dust shouldn't go.......... Port opening are all rounded over and baby ass smooth. I just have to round over the inside of the port next. Give me a few to get the pictures up. Thanks

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

well i put the bracing in the snapshots i gave u

support between each woofer, so thats 4 vertical 2x4s/dowel rods from 2x4 baffle support to bottom

then ur gonna want to use either dowels or more 2x4s to connect the sides and front/back to these vertical supports so that no support is by itself and the bracing all works as one brace, not 12 different braces

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Decaf, I put the 2x4's at the end of the top main 2x4 cause doing it this way, allowed me to tie in the bottom and top 2x4's as 1, and a MAJOR PLUS, was it also allowed me to screw the side pieces to it...That really help to strengthen everything up. If I did it the way you had in the bracing picture you sent me, the 2x4 I didnt think were being used to there best potential.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

i see what u did, u should still use either 2x4s or dowels between each woofer... u might not think it will flex but u should do that

if u think its strong enough the way it is, then u need to connect the front/back to that center 2x4 and connect each side to the center 2x4 half way up its vertical length

just remember i accounted for more 2x4 bracing so u will have more volume and tuned slightly closer to 35hz the less u use

so dont be stingy with bracing w/dowels... its really cheap and easy, just overdo it so u dont have to go back and add some later... check out steve meades box for his 4 18s and try to apply his bracing techniques and amount when bracing urs for a reference, or 98hoeonsixez since he used almost all dowel rods

keep it up... i know im being picky but when im not next to you to persuade u its not as easy for me to get my point across that overkill wont hurt u with this box... get as close to the 2cuft of bracing as possible

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Nice work on the filler. and those braces look as good as if i had done them myself :D

i personally find it really hard to see a dual 3/4" laminated baffle sitting on top of those 2x4's flexing. But we shall see as testing will be done before the box is finalized.

its not just the baffle that will flex... if this was all the bracing used id bet the sides and back might flex

overbrace it for good measures

and about midgets, im 5'3" homie so my shoes would still be in the box in that pic, LOL

Alright. I think he may have room for some all thread to poke out the sides and hide the ends under the vanity plate for front to back ones.

Archived