Best Front Battery Replacment?

I don't have a lot of cash but im dimming pretty badly. I don't have enough to get a second battery also so I just want to get a better battery upfront instead of a crappy wet cell.

Like I said I don't have a lot of money so the cheaper the better.

Thanks guy's

Oh and sorry for the tiny, noobish thread.

2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s

4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz

Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200

Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

f05112e8-c6ca-4f78-9a8d-47be99303c8b_zps

Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....

do you have the big 3 in 1/0? i would also replace the 4 gauge with 1/0, that might help more than you think

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

do you have the big 3 in 1/0? i would also replace the 4 gauge with 1/0, that might help more than you think

I have the big 3 done in a way. I have 2 gauge power form alt to batt, and 4 gauge for my grounds. I know not a lot of help but it did raise my voltage at an idle from 14.23 to 14.40. In about 2 weeks i'm getting some 0/1.

I may upgrade my amp wire now since you said it may help out.

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

I have the big 3 done in a way. I have 2 gauge power form alt to batt, and 4 gauge for my grounds. I know not a lot of help but it did raise my voltage at an idle from 14.23 to 14.40. In about 2 weeks i'm getting some 0/1.

I may upgrade my amp wire now since you said it may help out.

If you're current battery under the hood is healthy and budget it tight .. I would add a XS Power D680 or 925 if your budget allows . . The 925 is capable of something like 2400amps. . put that close to most daily amps and you will be fine given you have SOLID connections / wiring. Even the D680 will support the amp you have in your sig

Edited by automediapro

If you're current battery under the hood is healthy and budget it tight .. I would add a XS Power D680 or 925 if your budget allows . . The 925 is capable of something like 2400amps. . put that close to most daily amps and you will be fine given you have SOLID connections / wiring. Even the D680 will support the amp you have in your sig

Cool thanks. Just an FYI my amp is only 600RMS, it is class A/B though so efficiency sucks.

So if I get a second batt, should I get a run of power and a run of ground or is it cool to ground my back batt in the trunk? (0/1 of course).

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

id make all your grounds and powers 1/0 honestly, why have a 4guage ground and 2gauge power both are equally important so make them the same size.

as far as batteries are conserned you need better wiring no matter what battery you get, throwing more batteries at the issues arent going to solve the problem your having.

as far as cheap batteries look at a small kinetik off ebay or a small power master off mechman

or if your front battery sucks get a werker or everstart maxx to replace it...after you fix wiring.

id make all your grounds and powers 1/0 honestly, why have a 4guage ground and 2gauge power both are equally important so make them the same size.

as far as batteries are conserned you need better wiring no matter what battery you get, throwing more batteries at the issues arent going to solve the problem your having.

as far as cheap batteries look at a small kinetik off ebay or a small power master off mechman

or if your front battery sucks get a werker or everstart maxx to replace it...after you fix wiring.

I know all I had was 4' of 2 gauge and a bunch of extra 4 gauge so I just used that for my grounds. But like I said I'm gonna upgrade my Big 3 to 0/1.

One more question. Since I don't have shit for money and need to redo my big 3 ASAP, Is it ok to use Knu KLMX? The CCA stuff wire. Just for my Big 3 and then I'll use better stuff for my run's of 0/1 if I get a second batt.

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

honestly its 600rms KLMX is plenty for what you need you wouldnt see a diff getting anything better then KLMX

Cool thanks James. You think the run of power to a back batt would be ok in KLMX?

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord