Second Skin Audio

Doubts About Fi BTL 18''

Carlos Tj

ive been thinking about it because i started to save up some money to get an Fi BTL 18'' for my car but im afraid that if i put that in the trunk is gonna be too much rattle going on... and i want it to sound good when ur sitting inside the car and if ur outside of the car... i know ofcourse there has to be rattle but will it be too much that if ur standing outside the car thats all ur gonna hear? i know im gonna put damplifier but will it still be too much rattle?

and in case u guys are wondering what kind of car it is its a Mercedes 300E

MercedesWallpaper-1-1.jpg

-Thanks

2005 Dodge Magnum

Kenwood DNX573S Double Din

NVX Big 3 Kit

NVX 0 Gauge Cable & speaker cable

XS Power V3100 Battery

Iraggi Alternator 320A

3.5" NVX Speakers

6.5" Incriminator Audio Components (just mids)

6x9" NVX Speaker

MVPA4 Amplifier

(2) 12" NVX VCW Subwoofers

XPLD3K NVX Amplifier

YouTube Channel

@CarlosTj664

ive been thinking about it because i started to save up some money to get an Fi BTL 18'' for my car but im afraid that if i put that in the trunk is gonna be too much rattle going on... and i want it to sound good when ur sitting inside the car and if ur outside of the car... i know ofcourse there has to be rattle but will it be too much that if ur standing outside the car thats all ur gonna hear? i know im gonna put damplifier but will it still be too much rattle?

and in case u guys are wondering what kind of car it is its a Mercedes 300E

MercedesWallpaper-1-1.jpg

-Thanks

just put it sub and port forward, then seal off the gap between the box and the trunk. this will do 2 things for you, 1 get more of the sound into the cab where you will be listening to it most, and 2 block most of the sound from going into the trunk where your biggest source of rattle is.

just put it sub and port forward, then seal off the gap between the box and the trunk. this will do 2 things for you, 1 get more of the sound into the cab where you will be listening to it most, and 2 block most of the sound from going into the trunk where your biggest source of rattle is.

so then leave the port and sub right behind the rear seats? that doesnt make it sound muffled?

2005 Dodge Magnum

NVX Big 3 Kit

XS Power V3100 Battery

Iraggi Alternator 320A

3.5" NVX Speakers

6x9" NVX Speaker

MVPA4 Amplifier

XPLD3K NVX Amplifier

YouTube Channel

@CarlosTj664

so then leave the port and sub right behind the rear seats? that doesnt make it sound muffled?

Does your back seat fold down?

If it was me, I'd do sub forward, ported through rear deck, and sealed off from the trunk.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

Does your back seat fold down?

If it was me, I'd do sub forward, ported through rear deck, and sealed off from the trunk.

no it doesnt :( but that actually sounds like a nice idea...

2005 Dodge Magnum

NVX Big 3 Kit

XS Power V3100 Battery

Iraggi Alternator 320A

3.5" NVX Speakers

6x9" NVX Speaker

MVPA4 Amplifier

XPLD3K NVX Amplifier

YouTube Channel

@CarlosTj664

Archived