Jared420 Posted September 24, 2009 Report Posted September 24, 2009 Hey kinda a stupid question but I am getting ready to having a pretty custom enclosure built for me by either a local audio shop or a guy I found on the New England spl website that builds boxes for people. I am just wondering how much to expect to pay for a box built by a professional or a shop. Anyone have any ballpark set rates or ideas? the box is going to be a pretty odd shape to fit my space needs and it will need to house 4 12's. I am going to get a quote from the NEspl guy and from the shop but I am just trying to figure out what to expect and what is somewhat reasonable. If any of you guys, especially those of you who work for or own shops can give me an idea Id appreciate it. 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
zfrerichs Posted September 24, 2009 Report Posted September 24, 2009 what is "kind of" complex? its hard to quote on one off custom boxes..everyone prices different if it were a standard box it would be easier more info and i can help you out of what i would price something at Roseville, CA
Jared420 Posted September 24, 2009 Author Report Posted September 24, 2009 what is "kind of" complex?its hard to quote on one off custom boxes..everyone prices different if it were a standard box it would be easier more info and i can help you out of what i would price something at It will be going in a chevy silverado extended cab and I am being picky about wanting to have 2 people still be able to sit in the backseat. Im willing to use the middle of the seat and go high, the middle of the floor and all the space under the seat so it will be a weird shaped box to acommodate this and this will also give me somewhere between 6-7 cuft of space total just with a few designs I have made to get an idea of airspace. 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
loudmofo Posted September 24, 2009 Report Posted September 24, 2009 It will be going in a chevy silverado extended cab and I am being picky about wanting to have 2 people still be able to sit in the backseat. Im willing to use the middle of the seat and go high, the middle of the floor and all the space under the seat so it will be a weird shaped box to acommodate this and this will also give me somewhere between 6-7 cuft of space total just with a few designs I have made to get an idea of airspace. something like that with carpet or painted will run $300-$500 depends on the time it takes to build sounds like you need 2 full sheets of mdf and carpet or paint just supplies will run like $75 TEAM 420 TEAM MAXXSONICS TEAM DC AUDIO TEAM XS Power SS 1-2 3rd PLACE 2007 INDY "REGIONALS" 163.9db SS 1-2 1ST PLACE INDY AND 2008 NATIONAL CHAMPION. AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Jared420 Posted September 24, 2009 Author Report Posted September 24, 2009 It will be going in a chevy silverado extended cab and I am being picky about wanting to have 2 people still be able to sit in the backseat. Im willing to use the middle of the seat and go high, the middle of the floor and all the space under the seat so it will be a weird shaped box to acommodate this and this will also give me somewhere between 6-7 cuft of space total just with a few designs I have made to get an idea of airspace. And i know that noone will be able to give me an exact price on what the shop and the other guy will quote me but I am just looking for a ballpark starting point. 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Jared420 Posted September 24, 2009 Author Report Posted September 24, 2009 something like that with carpet or painted will run $300-$500 depends on the time it takes to build sounds like you need 2 full sheets of mdf and carpet or paint just supplies will run like $75 Yea and I forgot to say Im not looking for anything special on the finish of the box. As long as it is gray and matches the interior I dont care if its cheap carpet or whatever looks decent for a good price. 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Basshead08 Posted September 24, 2009 Report Posted September 24, 2009 The only time I've had a box built for me by a shop it was a downfire box for a ford ranger ext cab and housed two kicker l5 12's. It was $250. Only time I haven't built my own but the only insight I could give. Can't wait to see it. System tear out has begun...Out with the old i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme
Jared420 Posted September 24, 2009 Author Report Posted September 24, 2009 The only time I've had a box built for me by a shop it was a downfire box for a ford ranger ext cab and housed two kicker l5 12's. It was $250. Only time I haven't built my own but the only insight I could give. Can't wait to see it. Me too. I stopped by the shop today and its a pretty new place that is just getting into doing car audio. I talked to the owner who does alot of the work and he completly knew his stuff. They started as a home theater and audio company for small concert like shows and some other stuff like that. The convenience of that shop would be good but I am still leaning towards this guy Dave from the nespl site. He does spl events and takes alot of first places in his class and from what I hear alot of the boxes he builds for people have taken alot of first places as well. I know he has more experience and I feel like he knows a little more about what it takes to get louder. Either way Im sure it will be a great investment and I will post pics and vids for sure. The guy at the shop also did tell me he was pretty good friends with a JL audio rep and Thats obviously good because he must have a ton of experience with my subs and he would know what will work best with them. So either way Ill see who gives me a better price and take it from there. 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
loudmofo Posted September 24, 2009 Report Posted September 24, 2009 Me too. I stopped by the shop today and its a pretty new place that is just getting into doing car audio. I talked to the owner who does alot of the work and he completly knew his stuff. They started as a home theater and audio company for small concert like shows and some other stuff like that. The convenience of that shop would be good but I am still leaning towards this guy Dave from the nespl site. He does spl events and takes alot of first places in his class and from what I hear alot of the boxes he builds for people have taken alot of first places as well. I know he has more experience and I feel like he knows a little more about what it takes to get louder. Either way Im sure it will be a great investment and I will post pics and vids for sure. The guy at the shop also did tell me he was pretty good friends with a JL audio rep and Thats obviously good because he must have a ton of experience with my subs and he would know what will work best with them. So either way Ill see who gives me a better price and take it from there. id have dave built it hes a good guy and his boxes are killer my friend could help you also but you would have to go to him in sanford maine TEAM 420 TEAM MAXXSONICS TEAM DC AUDIO TEAM XS Power SS 1-2 3rd PLACE 2007 INDY "REGIONALS" 163.9db SS 1-2 1ST PLACE INDY AND 2008 NATIONAL CHAMPION. AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.