Second Skin Audio

Which way to face subs in trunk

Sub and port rear. I heard sub up in a trunk isnt good but personally, I've never done it like that.

Sub up in a trunk work great.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

there is no such thing as the perfect way to face subs in a trunk car, because every car is different. some cars like sub and port back others like them to the front. while others like subs up port back or port to the side. you just have to test your car.

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png

there is no such thing as the perfect way to face subs in a trunk car, because every car is different. some cars like sub and port back others like them to the front. while others like subs up port back or port to the side. you just have to test your car.

True, I agree with that. However, I how to say something when someone said subs up isn't good.

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

Yea I really liked how my sub up port back sounded with an 18. May have to do subs up port back again because I can only go 36" wide and I will have 2 15" plus 2 6" round ports so I dont think that they will fit all goin towards the back. If I could make it look like I0:0I, then I would but I dont think there is enough room. Might have to either try some 4" pvc or face the subs up. any ideas as to how this could work better?

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

if ur worried about the room width wise u could do a slot port across the rear bottom of the box.

maybe 45 the top rear of the box above the port to help air flow. (i mean 45ing the actual box, not an internal brace)

Edited by matt402

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

You could always go subs back, and ports up through the holes where your rear deck speakers are. Then you have it ported through the rear deck without cutting it up.

The port along the bottom is a pretty good idea but I only have 18" high so the port would be pretty skinny. Porting it through the rear deck speakers is a good idea tho. If I did this idea wouldn't it be better to face them forward rather than towards the back? keep the options comin =)

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

The port along the bottom is a pretty good idea but I only have 18" high so the port would be pretty skinny. Porting it through the rear deck speakers is a good idea tho. If I did this idea wouldn't it be better to face them forward rather than towards the back? keep the options comin =)

On my car I have the subs toward the cabin sealed off from the trunk, it is about 4 inches from the seat at the top and about 7 at the bottom, and even when I put the seats up it still pounds maybe only about .5 to 1 db loss on the ear-o-meter. Though it would probably be a bitch to seal it off from the trunk since your seats dont fold down, also I have ran subs up port up, and subs back port back, with the same box before I sealed it from the trunk, and I couldnt tell much if any difference in my car, but I did notice an increase once I sealed it from the trunk.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.