08 Impala SS Security Question

Well I dont know much on the newer GM radios. Im going to be swapping out the radio for touch screen Ecplise HU. Is there anything i need to be aware of when undoing the radio? Thanks fellas.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

• 2 weeks later...

Does your SS have the Onstar Button and a Bose stereo? The SS probably has all the options. You probably will need to get a radio replacement module to keep certain things in your car operating. A lot of the stuff is computer controlled, like the accessory output that turns your radio on and off. Go into Best Buy, or any reputable stereo shop and ask for a radio replacement module and tell them what car it's for. Or you could google it and order one off the internet.

Bone Stock 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8

Does your SS have the Onstar Button and a Bose stereo? The SS probably has all the options. You probably will need to get a radio replacement module to keep certain things in your car operating. A lot of the stuff is computer controlled, like the accessory output that turns your radio on and off. Go into Best Buy, or any reputable stereo shop and ask for a radio replacement module and tell them what car it's for. Or you could google it and order one off the internet.

yeah that dayumm module cost me 150.00 but if u got on-star u gotta have it......

Powerbassbanner.jpg

DCbanner.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

153.3 @ Turkey Drag 2009

Spl Modified 1001-2000 - Derrick Jones my alias... Wudn't accept DEEz NUTz !!!

if you have bose system your gonna need that GM intergration thinky which is gonna run you like 140-180 for that damn harnessm

and if you dont have bose its like 120 damn still thats a lot.

Edited by Beanz
That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Actually, you have to have it on basically all new GM vehicles. Even without OnStar/BOSE there are several vehicle functions that run through the radio such as the door chimes(which act as a secondary warning system if your air bags fail) and without the module you loose said functions. As you probably know, It is against the law to alter a vehicle's airbag system in most states. If you don't care about legal issues you still need to run a relay and find switched power because they almost all have DATA turn on.

rockfordfosgate4.jpgmecp.jpg

CAUTION!

POOR INSTALLATION MAY SHORT BOTH YOUR SYSTEM AND WALLET

YEAH 2001 cars i didnt need one for the chime but i lost the onstar oh well never use it but i think ima get it now.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

'02 was when they started having the chime integrated into the actual radio. Many of the newer ones actually have the turn signal click and everything come through the speakers. You can tell for sure if you really need it by opening the door and turning the lights on with the key out to start the chime. Put your head down in between the door and under dash. If the chime is coming from the door its necessary, from if under the dash as long as you don't have BOSE/OnStar you can wire it up with a relay, but probably won't have RAP(retained accessory power i.e. radio stays on until you open the door).

Edited by HaMSaMMiCH

rockfordfosgate4.jpgmecp.jpg

CAUTION!

POOR INSTALLATION MAY SHORT BOTH YOUR SYSTEM AND WALLET

'02 was when they started having the chime integrated into the actual radio. Many of the newer ones actually have the turn signal click and everything come through the speakers. You can tell for sure if you really need it by opening the door and turning the lights on with the key out to start the chime. Put your head down in between the door and under dash. If the chime is coming from the door its necessary, from if under the dash as long as you don't have BOSE/OnStar you can wire it up with a relay, but probably won't have RAP(retained accessory power i.e. radio stays on until you open the door).

DAMN CHEAP BASTARED wait it'd be cool if you'd have them hook up to the subs hehehe booming chimes.then you'd never forget you left your keys in teh ignition lol

Edited by Beanz

Shit like this makes me happy that my stereo ride is an 11 year old SUV that is soo easy to install with, as will my new SPL ride as my winter project.

Even my daily driver(06 Hyundai Sonata) is easy to do installs with but is a fairly new car. I'd be pissed if I had to put in a $150+ module just to get things started.

I remember when some guy came into our old shop with an RX-8 and we had never installed in one before. The absolute mess of wiring behind the radio/air con console was brutal and only showed up that it's pretty much tied into almost all of the electronics in the car, if i remember correctly. I'm pretty sure it was the RX-8, but hell it's 6am EST and i'm starting my new day in an hour on no sleep. FUCK ME.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace