11K RPM??

damn.. i was thinking of either getting a silvertop, blacktop, or a 4AGZE for my corolla. i dont know yet. but i am very interested in how you do this so i could aid my decision on what motor i want

4agze and the 20v make about the same power its a personal decission

... O btw my turbo, BOV and 38mm waste gate came into day t3/t4 50 trem looking at around 18psi and 8.6:1 compression with a 3mm head gasket

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

thats what I was saying. I'm not sure how much bar 18psi is, but it sounds quite high. \i think the motor isnt gonna be to driveable if its a daily.

also, if your planning on running up to 11k please PLEASE replace the valves, seats, springs etc with a high rev application kit. and please replace all the internals of that motor before you attempt to rev that high

then im rambo bitch

8.6 for for that hi boost, 93 octaine for daily, c10 for track days, and its 1.22 bar, and i think i'll keep the revs below 9k

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

8.6 for for that hi boost, 93 octaine for daily, c10 for track days, and its 1.22 bar, and i think i'll keep the revs below 9k

Higher octane fuel requires higher compression. 93 octane on 8.6 will give you some nasty issues, as all of the fuel won't have a chance to get burned. Also, 18psi is really high on a gas motor. Most aspirated motors with turbos or chargers typically never go past 12 max.

Scratchy's right too. If you plan on this thing reving to 11k, you better get some lighter weight pistons in there and install a high rev kit. If not it WILL NEVER rev that high and if you over rev it...your talking self destruction that could be deadly. Please put some more thought into what this motor is actually capable of before getting into a deadly situation.

Thanks

Kevin

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

your definately right Scratchy. Looking at the internals, maybe the pics are deceiving, but boy she is going to need a lot of time and money. Yes this engine has potential, but heck, I'd be more in tune to dropping a crate motor in it's place. Make the car a total sleeper :D

Can I ask, why is the motor in such bad shape? It looks like it sat for years and gunked up.

Please understand that we are not trying to discourage you from doing this build, as a matter of fact, I think it's awesome! We just want to make sure you're on the right track with it

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Archived