Second Skin Audio

cc_audio's SS Pro Door Kit install and review

I’ve installed my Second Skin Pro door kit that ANT was so nice to give away. Here’s my review of what I think of the product. First and foremost, I have installed many other sound deadening products including Hushmat, Fatmat, Dynamat original and Xtreme, and Deadskin. I usually push Dynamat Xtreme pretty hard since that’s what I have in my trunk, and its easily bought at Best Buy. It has been the best to work with to me so far.

The shipping was very fast considering I choose the cheapest rate. The very first thing I noticed that I absolutely loved was that it was shipped in small pieces and FLAT. Anyone who’s ever used Dynamat Xtreme knows it comes rolled up. Just being flat, made ease of use that much better, definitely a huge plus. The sheets themselves were a little thicker than the Dynamat (or at least felt heavier) so I wasn’t sure how well it would wrap. The flexibility of the SS Pro was hands down way easier to work with than Dynamat, I used my fingers for most of the tighter places, something I could not do with the Dynamat without using a heat gun. The stick was excellent, having a clean surface helps as well too. But I would say it has about the same stickiness as Dynamat but I never had to use a heat gun once on the whole install, I always end up using a heat gun on Dynamat for the nasty grooves. The SS Pro was pretty easy to cut as well, where Dynamat tends to develop goobers that clog my shears and utility knife. While, I only had to pay for shipping, the price for a 20ft^2 Dynamat Xtreme trunk kit from Best Buy is $175.00 at our local store, and for 20ft^2 of Second Skin is $105.00 shipped (to my door). That is considerable savings on a product that is superior to the Xtreme. This is now my new favorite sound deadener. Big thanks to ANT, you have an amazing product here and good luck with your business in the future, you really have something here.

EDIT: And I forgot the obvious, my car is like Lexus quiet now and made a huge difference in my car's volume. My speakers sound way clearer, and the doors don't make any noise anymore with heavy beat. Less flex=more bass FTW!

-Cody Coulson

-cc_audio

Got a nice box yesterday. I think its even better when UPS delivers something that was free.

P1010251.jpg

P1010252.jpg

P1010253.jpg

Why buy a roller when I have a half ass homemade roller at home?

P1010254.jpg

P1010255.jpg

P1010256.jpg

P1010257.jpg

P1010258.jpg

P1010259.jpg

P1010260.jpg

There were six loose nuts on the passenger side and four on the driver side, so I went ahead and locktighted all the nuts.

P1010266.jpg

P1010267.jpg

P1010268.jpg

P1010269.jpg

After a few months of having my solo X something came loose in my door and has rattled really bad. I have since discovered the door was broken. What it looks like.

P1010276.jpg

What it should look like.

P1010275.jpg

Edited by cc_audio

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!