Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well I've gotten an offer from another shop for a job. They are basically the main competition for the shop that I work at now. Right now the shop I work at does alot more volume(smaller systems, radios, etc)... where as the shop that wants me does less volume but alot more custom and higher end equipment(Focal, Diamond, Memphis, and Pioneer Premier are the main brands they sell). At my current shop I make 45% commission off all of the labor that I do, but with the economy the way it is... there is slowwwwwwwwwww days and there are busy days. Where as at the other shop they pay an hourly rate+bonus checks each month(kinda like how circuit city used to do it).

Current Employer:

More volume, but smaller systems

Audiocontrol Mic available

Brands: RF, Kenwood, JVC, Boston, Viper

Pay: 45% comission

Employees: Two salesman, Three Installers

Shop that wants me:

Less volume, bigger systems... like week long projects instead of knocking out a car in a few hours.

Sales people sell full setups and don't sell bull shit setups.

Termlab Mic available

Brands: Focal, Memphis, Kicker, Pioneer Premier, Viper

Pay: Hourly(unknown rate yet) + bonus

Employees: 1 salesman and 2 installers

Seems like an easy decision right? Well here is the kicker! I'm friends with everyone that works at the shop I work at now... like we hangout outside of work. And management has been REAL good about my schedules as I worked there for my last two years of college... This is where it gets tough. I graduated in may with a bachelors and just started looking for jobs to utilize my degree in august. I'd hate to start at a new shop then two weeks in get a call from somewhere to get a job with my degree.

What would you do? stay where I'm at and continue the job search for something with my degree... or switch shops?

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Posted

sounds to me like a move to the new shop would be more of a hassle than it's worth, but without knowing what the pay rate would be it's kind of hard to say. Because what if that call doesn't come in a couple weeks for you to take a job utilizing your degree?

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 434 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...