Sonic Electronix

So like the title says, I need help deciding which pair to buy. I'm thinking about the ID CTX65CS component set or the RE6.5 Comp set. They Image Dynamics are $10 more, which isn't any big deal. I'm planning on buying these from Woofersetc. I will power these with a Kicker ZX350.4. It'll put out 60 watts rms to each side, or if I need more power I can bridge them and get like 175 watts per side which I would hope is plenty.

Anyways, what I have now is a pair of Hifonics 6.5" component speakers, which worked fine, but now I'm really seeing the flaws in them. The sq just isn't there. The tweeters sometimes have this obnoxious screeching sound that only appears when they play a certain note in some songs. I think it's right around 1000or 2000 khz. I can't remember exactly what it was, but I did notch filter it out a little to make it tolerable with my HU. I'm guessing it's either because of cheap speakers or cheap crossovers.

So what I'm looking for in new components is good sq, but can get at least as loud as what mine are now, which shouldn't be a problem. I have an 18" Fi Q in a 7 cu.ft. ported box tuned to 28 hz and powered off a sundown SAZ-1000d at 1 ohm. Whatever I get needs to match up well with this. I have the sub crossed over at like 70-80hz I believe, so I need these speakers to have strong midbass that can extend atleast that far down. I listen to a lot of rap, but also other stuff like country, rock, reggae, and everything in between. I just need some good all around components.

If you can think of any better speakers for around $200 or less, please let me know. I'm assuming I'd probably like the sound of silk tweeters more then aluminum or titanium, so stick with that for your recommendations too. I have a pair of KRK Rokit 5 studio monitors on my computer which I love and I'd like these door speakers to sound similar. They have soft dome tweeters, so that's what I'm basing my opinion on.

Also, what about Diamond Audio comps? I've used a pair of 10" D9 TDX subs and loved the sq they had, so I'm assuming their comps should have pretty good sq aswell. I was looking at the D661s components for $200.

Please MTV, pimp my ride!

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

id comps all day long, those RE comps are lifeless as balls in comparison

How would they compare to the diamonds? I've read only good reviews on the ID's, but haven't seen many reviews on the diamonds. I know they are well respected for SQ and overall build quality.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

Kicker ZX350.4

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

id comps all day long, those RE comps are lifeless as balls in comparison

x2

H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DAC
Front stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweets
amp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2
amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.2
8 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'z
box is a 4th order band pass
batts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back
2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.
MLA module 15+volts
All in a 97 2door Tahoe LT

2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ

Team Bass Hz

How do all these compare to JL's? I went to a local shop today and the guy was trying to sell me on some VR650CSi's for $300. Obviously I wouldn't buy them from him simply because of the price, but online they are in my range. How would those compare to the ID's? I did like the sound of the VR's, but they were too expensive at that shop. He also had an old set of Type R's and an old set of Type X's. He said the X's were only used as demo, and he'd sell them for $400. Seemed a lot to me, but I did like the way they sounded. Nice strong midbass.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

Kicker ZX350.4

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

i like id's the diamonds are a great line of comps... i love them to death..

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

I would go with the Image Dynamics set! They simply can not be beat for the price, they are beastly little drivers! Couldnt say much about the JL mids other then I wouldnt run them. I have heard the D9s , but they simply do not compare to the CX line... and the XS mids just destroys them . My opinion is kind of ehhh simply because I have only heard the speakers in other peoples cars, all different tuning , power , source , enclosures... the speakers are only as good as the enclosure they are in.

Too Much Stuff to list .

Archived