BassAddict32

Cadence or Audiopipe  

20 members have voted

1. 1. which would you choose?

• Audiopipe
    • Cadence

http://www.ubid.com/auctions/product.aspx?...p;uwb=uwbc10397

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-AUDIOPIPE-800-WATT...id=p4999.c0.m14

so which one would be better? it'd be powering 2 HFI12D4's. 600W peak each 300W rms. but just curious on which would perform better and your thoughts.

Edited by BassAddict32

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

I would go with that class D audiopipe amp myself but boy I sure do miss my cadence A7's

www.bassproducers.com

TEAMS

TEAM BASSPRODUCERS, TEAM HERTZ (VA)

*Ranger System*

(4) 18" Kicker Comp

(4) 10" Kicker Comp

Dual Stinger Alts.

(5) Rockford Punch 200's

(2) Punch 100's

*Outlander System*152.6 DB so Far*

(8) TXX-APX12W

(2) AP-30001D'S

(2) AP-2004'S

(8) APMB6'S

(4) KHC2400'S

The Audiopipe, far and away. I've had an amp from the same factory in pieces and they're decent, cheap, slightly nasty in some minor ways but decent and they'll do close to the power they claim.

The Cadence... They claim 2x150 @ 4 ohms and 2x300 @ 2... how's that supposed to work, you lose efficiency big time dropping down to 2 ohms on a Class A/B amp.

Audiopipe for sure.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

The Audiopipe, far and away. I've had an amp from the same factory in pieces and they're decent, cheap, slightly nasty in some minor ways but decent and they'll do close to the power they claim.

The Cadence... They claim 2x150 @ 4 ohms and 2x300 @ 2... how's that supposed to work, you lose efficiency big time dropping down to 2 ohms on a Class A/B amp.

Audiopipe for sure.

alright. looks like i should have an audiopipe around Christmas time. :D

1994 Ford F150 reg cab

2 HFX 12's

Audiopipe APSM-1300

Audiopipe for sure.

That doesn't make any sense to me. They could just bump up the power so it would really do that to account for the lost efficiency. Maybe I'm wrong, idk.

That doesn't make any sense to me. They could just bump up the power so it would really do that to account for the lost efficiency. Maybe I'm wrong, idk.

They can't 'just bump up the power'

The power output of an amp is governed by the rail voltage and maximum current of the output section.

The rail voltage decreases as the current increases due to the efficiency of the power MOSFETs and transformers decreasing with more current (and heat)

The efficiency of the output BJTs/FETs also decreases for the same reason.

A Class A/B amp might be 65% efficient at 4 ohms but it's more like 50% or less at 2 ohms. So if they say it can do a maximum of 2x150 at 4 ohms and 2x300 at 2 ohms they're implying there's no loss of efficiency between the 2. Which is BS, and generally suggests they're pulling the power figures out their asses.

Usually the only time you see a linear increase in power is in Class D amps where the decrease in efficiency is pretty minimal i.e. 200 @ 4, 400 @ 2. But even then they usually lose efficiency rapidly so you might only see 600 @ 1 rather than a doubling in power.

This is why a SAZ-3000D for example, doing 3000w @ 1 ohm (nominally....) does not make 6000w @ 0.5 ohms. In fact it makes more like 3500 or something, the gain is minimal because of the HUGE drop in efficiency when you get that low.

Rant rant rant :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

They can't 'just bump up the power'

The power output of an amp is governed by the rail voltage and maximum current of the output section.

The rail voltage decreases as the current increases due to the efficiency of the power MOSFETs and transformers decreasing with more current (and heat)

The efficiency of the output BJTs/FETs also decreases for the same reason.

A Class A/B amp might be 65% efficient at 4 ohms but it's more like 50% or less at 2 ohms. So if they say it can do a maximum of 2x150 at 4 ohms and 2x300 at 2 ohms they're implying there's no loss of efficiency between the 2. Which is BS, and generally suggests they're pulling the power figures out their asses.

Usually the only time you see a linear increase in power is in Class D amps where the decrease in efficiency is pretty minimal i.e. 200 @ 4, 400 @ 2. But even then they usually lose efficiency rapidly so you might only see 600 @ 1 rather than a doubling in power.

This is why a SAZ-3000D for example, doing 3000w @ 1 ohm (nominally....) does not make 6000w @ 0.5 ohms. In fact it makes more like 3500 or something, the gain is minimal because of the HUGE drop in efficiency when you get that low.

Rant rant rant :)

gawd damn you know your shit!

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny