How much of a difference?

That's one hell of a score out of that box...

Looks like a simple design but each chamber was made to each subs specifications minus sub and port displacement to within .005. Figured it all out by hand was not done on a computer, RE Calculator or bass box pro. I am happy with the performance of the box.

But the main question is can a Sundown SAE1200d amp get me that extra 3 tenths than I cant get with the Rockford Fosgate T10001bd to put me into the 146 range.

Just got the amp today I will hook it up this weekend, soon I will know.

Guest Cobrastang98

It might bring you over the edge, but it all depends on what each amp actually puts out.. On just manufacturers specs alone you should be able to pick up .3db.

But like others said try playing w/ box position, seat position, or duct taping the surrounds of the subs to the box to create a better seal on them. Also just by playing tones you will get above a 146.

Now the real question is - What is your score all sealed up @ dash??

It might bring you over the edge, but it all depends on what each amp actually puts out.. On just manufacturers specs alone you should be able to pick up .3db.

But like others said try playing w/ box position, seat position, or duct taping the surrounds of the subs to the box to create a better seal on them. Also just by playing tones you will get above a 146.

Now the real question is - What is your score all sealed up @ dash??

my Last build I did a 138.5 Sealed at the head rest Meca style

and a 140.7 At head rest on passenger side with driver door open.

So I am just going to guess maybe 2 db so if I can hit a 146 with door open I should be close to 144 sealed up but this build could be different. I have heard some people tell me you score higher at the dash then you do at the headrest but I have not actually tested at both places in the same event. Maybe someone that has a TL meter can test that theory and run a test at the head rest Door closed / Door Open then play the same song at the dash Door closed / Door Open.

Edited by Hotdog