Equalizer - Soon To Come

Amplifiers - (4) Soundstream TX1.2600d's

Subwoofers - (2) Soundstream XXX 18's

Enclosure - 16 Cubic Foot Wall Tuned to 38hz

Power Wire - (200ft) Tsunami 0 Gauge PRO

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

Looking NICE!! I know the feeling of being got, when i lived in syracuse I had gotten got a few times. Nothing feels shitier!

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

Looking NICE!! I know the feeling of being got, when i lived in syracuse I had gotten got a few times. Nothing feels shitier!

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

So today i was able to finally wrap and wet out my door pods. Let me tell you. hot glue and door panels/MDF did not work for me at all .... my shit kept breaking hte bond easy as fuck. ill definately need some CA glue on my next car/fiberglass project. or atleast super glue lol. but uhh ... yea i stapled down the edges/ the part where the panel meats the dashboard. i probably fucked something up ... i started getting that drug in my system "fuck it" i know its not good in this kinda thing but i was getting pissed off so easily. On my second pod the whole fucking speaker ring setup broke off the dowel rods .... i completely wrapped it and forgot to put the fucking tweeter pods in. So anyways ... wet out my door pods. Fiberglass comes tomorrow. lol when i went to go check on the pods while curing i guess ... there were like 30 gnats on each pod. shoulda took pics but w/e. One of the panels is the speaker grills /tweeter "holders" the other is the 2nd set of tweeter "holder/pods" and the actual speakers. I tried to stay as wrinkle free as possible. Also. I know i planned to do 4 speakers per door ... but for them to all fit on the bottom half ... it wouldnt work. so i decided ill put the other two sets in the wall somehow. ( i ramble when i post) but finally heres the few pics i took.

DSC00688.jpg

DSC00689.jpg

DSC00690.jpg

DSC00691.jpg

DSC00692.jpg

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

• 2 weeks later...

I havent made much progress on the pods because i need a dremel right now. So i finally have all 4 sets of speakers. Next ill be saving up for a new alternator ... But If i see some 18s for sale that can take 3-5K RMS each. im all on it. Pics of the newest shipment of speakes. theres 2 sets of 6.5s for the doors and 2 sets of 6x9s for the wall.

DSC00744.jpg

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

• 1 month later...

Ok today was the day to finally finish up these door pods ... ran into a problem ... i cant wrap these panels for shit. everythign started out good ... then halfway through ... i noticed that there was alot of overlapping and whatnot. i think i need a stretchier fabric or something like that. i tried to use a heat gun but that didnt do anything for me. I dont know what to do now. Seems like i have WAY to many curves to try and wrap it with a vinyl ... or atleast for a beginner like me. Any ideas guys? I really dont feel like using more bondo and sanding lol. The sanding part sucked so much. HELP MEEEEEEEEE!

101_0178.jpg

101_0179.jpg

101_0180.jpg

101_0181.jpg

101_0182.jpg

101_0183.jpg

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

• 3 weeks later...

Nice biuld. I have the same car. When I built my pods the first one I did the same as yours. On the second one I stapled the starting edge(the longest one) Really good and stretched really hard away from the starting point(center of longest edge). One other thing I learned on my first one was to spray everything with glue ONLY ONCE 15 min. before stretching after stapling. This did two things, allowed me to loosely wrap the vinyl around and Sharpie Marker on the back of the vinyl where I wanted the glue to stop on the vinyl. Second and MOST IMOPTANT you must allow ALL glue to cure for 15 min and get tacky before starting. The first one I glued and wrapped half way and then sprayed the rest, let cure 15 more min. BUT DOUBLED THE GLUE IN SOME SPOTS, very bad. The spots that had double glue NEVER got tacky before fineshing, SO those spots would not stick no matter how hard I stetched or applied pressure. Only thing diff is I used the 3M 77 glue. I placed the vinyl in the sun for 15 min after stapling, but before glueing to soften the vinyl up some. Cured the glue in the shade. Stretched away from my center point and stapled the rest of the edges as I could. The second one came out great. Just some things I learned on my first ones!!! Let me know if you have any questions.

im gonna just totally redo them ... i think they woulda came out alot better if the area around the rings were flatter. maybe after i make more ill start getting into the crazier designs ... but this was a learning experience. lmao all i had was a hair dryer ... and that didnt make the vinyl stretchy at all (didnt wanna keep it on too long because i heard it can damage the vinyl... but ... right now im just riding around with half a panel until it gets warmer ... my dad doesnt want me glassing in theg arage because the smell got into the house last time ... and he doesnt want me to use his shop either lol... so right now im just collecting more stuff towards the final build. Yesterday i got my nightshades in(v1) . Big thanks to jacob for the hookup. lmao until you see an 18 in person ... pics just dont do it ... on monday i order 4-5 batteries from XS then next on my list is some knu fleks 1/0 im thinking of doing 3 runs of pos and 3 of negative

these were heavy as fuck.

DSC00757.jpg

DSC00758.jpg

DSC00759.jpg

DSC00761.jpg

everything thats in or going inthe car lol.

DSC00762.jpg

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

Archived