Sonic Electronix

system just shut off today don't know why.

today I was driving somewhere and I was playing my system and a good song came on the radio and I turned up my gain knob a little bit to where I would normally bump and after a couple notes my amp just shut off. The power light on the gain knob shut off so I figured I blew a fuse. When I got to where I was going I shut my truck off poped the hood and checked my fuse and it was fine so 2 Minutes later I start my truck back up and the lights on and I bumped for the rest of the day... Any ideas? what the hell happened? and why?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

It didn't go into protect, did it? That's the only thing I can think of that would fix itself by shutting the truck off and back on...

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

It didn't go into protect, did it? That's the only thing I can think of that would fix itself by shutting the truck off and back on...

I woulda thought the same thing but as far as I know this amp doesnt have a protect mode on it. Thats not to say it definatley doesnt I just dont think it does. The manual doesnt say anything about a protect and I had that problem with my old kenwood amp and when I ordered this amp I emailed the owner of AQ and asked if it would go into protect on me and he said no. Also It happened within about 15 seconds of me turning the bass up so it wasn't being slammed for a while only a few seconds.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

voltage drop mabe?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

I had this happen to me a few times with alpine amps. Most recently was because my infinity kappa perfects cross over. I belive the coil got so hot it shorted out. I also, have had it happen with other speaker that went patially (started sounding crappy when it got warm) went bad.

Is it possible the speaker shorted out somehow, maybe a stran of wire is loose somewhere and it got lucky. IDK but good luck!

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

voltage drop mabe?

Could be im not sure I didnt have my eye on the voltage but since I wasn't going full tilt and my voltage doesn't normally drop below 13 or very high 12 I dont know, how low would it have to drop to cut out like that?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

Almost every single amp out these days has a protect mode unless someone's got crafty inside it with a soldering iron.

Probably DC offset protect caused by intense clipping? I've seen amps before that won't come out of offset protection without turning the amp off and back on again.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

maybe just something simple like your cable not being tight enough on your battery and when you touched the fuse it moved it?

or something like that

I hope its something simple like that, I hope it doesnt happen again if it does I guess Ill take everything apart and redo all the connections.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

This happened to me after like an hour of full volume cuz i was running my kicker amp at .5 ohm load, it wasn't protection mode, it would just run the amp so hot it would completely cut off for a few minutes

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz