Morel......

CHINO11550

I really want to use the XPL, its an excellent woofer overall and I find it real hard to believe that it could be less effiecient than the 2003 10in 4 ohm comp that is in my other speakers.

LOL can anyone send me 2 10 inch 4 ohm XPL's to test in the speakers I already built. LOL

I'll make it work some how. These need to beable to run off of house recievers and is a big deal to me but this setup might not work without a larger external amp.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

I was almost expecting to see a shelf basically cutting the box in half, (you may have said that exactly but Im running on little sleep so things kind of ran together...) instead of just simply building a box around the mids and highs.

What program did you use If I may ask?

CABCopyright.png

88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com

i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!

I would do a build thread instead of takeing over this poor guys thread but I need close to $200 to finish these things so I'll get as close as I can to be to finish them. Then I'll have to store them away for awhile because I can't work at the moment ande there is no work around.

LOL seen my build log on the truck except part of that is just because I haven't felt like building it. Personal issues, money, and now its cold and I'm lazy.

I just want to go back to work.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

Yeah, sorry to thread jack.

A little more randomness:

It looks like RE's New XXX basket was "Inspired" by those Morels. I would love to play with some new mids and highs, My polks are o...k...a...y... Just not in any position to do much (Broke too)

CABCopyright.png

88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com

i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!

I was almost expecting to see a shelf basically cutting the box in half, (you may have said that exactly but Im running on little sleep so things kind of ran together...) instead of just simply building a box around the mids and highs.

What program did you use If I may ask?

I used Winisd Beta. I have a copy of Bass Box Pro now and I'm going to play with it.

I don't want to put in any shelveing. My theory is, is that every panel the woofer has to the outside helps produce or plays a role in the output of the woofer.

So I want musical transfer to every exterior wall of the box.

If takeing out a half cube does the trick, I'll build a L for the mid and tweet. Look at the side of the box and imagine a 5 inch wide board under the mid horizontaly and the a vertical board at the end of that and an extra is that I'l try and work out that airspace to work with the mid. What that will do is still give me some great sounding speakers to listen to if I have to unhook the woofer because of guest or other reasons the whole house doesn't need to have bass.LOL

Terryswork001.png

some sick speakers there, im a CDT guy myself kinda goes with the keep it simple notion.

You cant go wrong with CDT especially at cost but i picked these up because my homie just kept telling me they are the sh*t

H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DAC
Front stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweets
amp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2
amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.2
8 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'z
box is a 4th order band pass
batts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back
2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.
MLA module 15+volts
All in a 97 2door Tahoe LT

2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ

Team Bass Hz