Why are imports more reliable?

From personal experience, I've had a 93 Honda Civic hatchback, 91 hatchback, 95 Camry, 95 Tahoe, 99 4runner, and now a 01 impala. Let's just say, the Impala sucks the most. I mean, it looks badass and all but so many freakin problems with it so far. Key lock cylinder, wiper relay, driver window switch, etc stuff that never happened to any of the imports I had. I guess that's why I'm looking for a newer import right now :)

This is why I dont buy used Cars :D I would rather be in debt for 1.5-2 years (I pay 2x the monthly payment every month) then to deal with the bull shit that is a previously abused used car. I got lucky with my 95 buick that i sold to my cousin, ran amazing with only 52k on it, but I have heard stories from a friend of mine that had to have his engine rebuild a month after buying the used car. I guess it also comes to knowledge when buying a used car, if you know what to look for than your in a lot better position to make a good purchase, but me. Ill stick to new cars even if im 17 years old :D