Second Skin Audio

Help out a newb with port sizes?

toylocost

What’s up guys. I've been installing for friends for a couple years but definitely still a newb.

I've got 2 off brand 15s and a 500rms RF amp in my 4runner. I want to build a ported box for the subs. Having trouble finalizing my design though. Due to self inflicted size constraints I cant fit a big enough port where I want it. And I can't figure out exactly how big the ports needs to be.

The box is 36"x16"x34" which is 9.4 cubes.

Here are my specs...

090213171203.jpg

This is the design I would like to stick with...

untitled4.jpg

Problem is I can only fit a 14.5"x4" port on the front. Maybe I can put another port on the back?

I would really appreciate some help finding my port size(s).

Thanks guys, I've been reading the forum for about a day and I'm already overwhelmed with information and realizing how far this stuff really goes.

99 4runner - So far: Alpine PDX4.100 & AQ1200D. Needz speekrz yo.

I was thinking like 38hz?

And subs up port back would definitely help. I was going for the stealthy below the window line thing so I could make a platform on top and nobody could see the system. Might have to give up on that idea though.

The tires are Kuhmo I think? the tires and rims were free off of a truck that was headed to the junkyard.

DSCF8919Large.jpg

ah nevermind...mine are destination mt's. looked like the same tread for a minute.

Ummm...shoot for around 4 cubes per 15. Try some different designs for the port. I know it can be done. If you need some more help pm me. Ive the same style cargo area just smaller.

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

ah nevermind...mine are destination mt's. looked like the same tread for a minute.

Ummm...shoot for around 4 cubes per 15. Try some different designs for the port. I know it can be done. If you need some more help pm me. Ive the same style cargo area just smaller.

My bad, they are Hankook.

Got the box sorted out though, let the pics do the talking...

box3dims.jpg

box3view3.jpg

box3view1.jpg

I'll post pics when I start cuttin.

Who thinks I should brace this? I'm only going to be running 500rms.

Vertically?

Vertically and horizontally?

So far I'm thinking one 2x4 straight up and down in the center and leave it at that.

Archived